Up Owners Club banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi folks!

Just put down the deposit on my Groove up!
I work for VW myself, and have had my eye on this showroom car for a while now. Looking forward to relatively cheap parts and piss easy servicing! Literally cannot wait! Some slight modifications may be made - possibly starting with a black VW badge and a scirocco aerial transplant? :)

See you all around, and on the road! On another note, where can I get an owners club sticker? Been trawling the web, yet to no avail! Many thanks in advance!

Sam

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
Hey!! I'll let you know where you can get a sticker if you let me know how I can get the chrome mirror caps haha

They seem to of stopped selling them on here but there's a guy on eBay that does something similar

Sticker

Not bad price and put your own text in! Edited by: Itzben

·
Registered
15 Posts
I'm looking at buying a Groove up!...I've not had a chance to hear one yet though, how does the sound system sound? I'm assuming it's an 8" sub they're using? Thanks.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Picked her up today! Very pleased with the fuel consumption, however my other car is a '69 bug!

Sound system isn't bad! Could be better, but definately nothing to complain about! Shame about the stickers! Looks like I'll be getting an eBay one in the near future.

Chrome mirror caps should be available from your local Volkswagen retailer. Bear in mind mirror caps are single use only, unless you take great care removing them. The plastic clips are prone to snapping when removing the cap.

·
Registered
438 Posts
The chrome mirror caps are in section 8 of the ETKA catalogue on the page with the chrome door strips. They're about £100 each though!

I think these are them

5Z1 857 537 A 2ZZ - Abdeckkappe Spiegel links - 94,96‚¬
5Z1 857 538 C 2ZZ - Abdeckkappe Spiegel links - 94,96‚¬
Edited by: Scrubnut

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Scrubnut - I had a look on ETKA earlier today, and they retail for around £40 each. Get in contact with your Volkswagen retailer, and they should be able to do you a deal, if you mention you've just recently bought the car :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts