Up Owners Club banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi folks,

Thought it would be worthwhile introducing myself, I picked up my up! yesterday afternoon from the local VW dealers. I've been running a VW T4 for the last 5 years, converted from an ex-AA van, to a light camper (nice seats, rock and roll bed, the usual mods). I've been umming and ahhing about swapping it for a smaller, more efficient car for a few years though, as I never get the chance to use it as a camper. I only get the chance to drive it to work and back, which is a horribly inefficent way of commuting.

So, the decision was made, and the van is on the market. In the meantime, I test drove a few citigos, and Ups, but ended up settling for a rather nice little Groove Up! in sunset orange. I've managed to get it with the sunroof, sensor pack, and the lifeshine gubbins, for quite a nice price too, so I'm happy.

First impressions are mostly good. Well, apart from the dealer forgetting to fit a rear wiper blade! The engine is eager, it drives like a much bigger car, but is great fun to throw around the twisty back roads round here in North Wales. And there is plenty of room inside for me (and I'm not the smallest bear!). The only downsides so far, are the lack of sports suspension, the lack of rear arch liners (v noisy on gravelly or wet roads) and the odd little cost cutting measure here and there.

Still, its far nicer inside than my old 1987 mini was!

So, the plan is a few gentle mods here and there, the first of which will more than likely be waving the lowering stick at it!

Cheers!
Andy

·
Super Moderator
3,147 Posts
Pictures, we need pictures, ....oh and congrats, sunset is a lovely colour

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The colour is growing on me. I wasn't 100% on it at first, but the more I look at it, the more I like it. I think the fact it is not a really bright orange helps. My 3 year old says she likes it, so that's a good thing I guess!

Here's a pic from the other morning, in a bit of sunshine :)

I've put about 200 miles on the clock now, and it is running nicely. The engine is not the most refined in the world, but it pulls well without having to rev the nuts off it. I'm taking it fairly easy at the moment, running the engine in a little. I can't wait to take it down some of the back roads, and give it some beans!

Andy

·
Registered
115 Posts
welcome.
Does look good in the Orange... I prefer Black LOL... Good spec in the groove up!Enjoy the club, enjoy the drive...

·
Super Moderator
3,147 Posts
Fantastic colour!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts