Up Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bit of news from a reliable source.... I was speaking to my dealer the other day and he was telling me that he had been at a VW event recently and got speaking to someone from HQ in Germany. Apparently we will see first deliveries of the Up GT in the UK during November of this year. Likely price....£14k without options.

There was also news in the press recently of a special edition "Cheer Up" but apparently this is wrong and it won't be a model coming to the UK. Instead, we will get the "Rock Up"...... sound pack as standard? Don't know what else.

Anyway, thought this would be of interest to some of you

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
Pretty exciting business!
Someone on here has, or at least had an order for, a Cheer Up!, not UK tho. So the Rock Up! would just be say, a Take Up!, just with sound pack as standard?
Always exciting to here about the GT tho, I'll certainly be in for a test drive as soon as they're in!

·
Registered
619 Posts
It looks like some folks will have to make time to queue up at their local VW dealership in July/August to place an order. I can see a long waiting list for this car with no discounts.

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
It could be like apple shops when they are releasing a new iphone, people in tents the night before queing to order a new gt haha

·
Registered
619 Posts
Tents and sleeping bags were what popped into my head too - there s a first time for everything.

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
We should all agree a vw showroom to meet at and all go at once for 1st glimpses

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I reckon it will be difficult to see one for the first 6 months or so. Dealers will initially be limited to say 2 or 3 cars each - dependent on the size of the dealership. That's the way they've worked these things in the past. I'm sure there will be no discounts available!

·
Registered
88 Posts
£14k is quite steep and the same price as the Suzuki Swift Sport and Fabia vRS (via Drive the Deal). For an extra couple of grand you could get a Fiesta ST or Clio RS...

It will be interesting to see how the GT compares to these. If I had money for the Up GT it would be very tempting to stretch just that little bit further for the Fiesta.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Because £14,000 for an Up seems like a lot of money to me. For the sake of 15% more the Fiesta ST seems to offer better value for money based on the positive reviews it's had.

At £8-11k the Up and siblings are streets ahead of other small hatches at the same price. But when you get to the £14k mark I think the alternatives start to make more sense. In particular the Fabia vRS at £13.7k (from DtD) seems be very good value if you don't mind an auto.

Remember the Lupo GTI? A good car, but very few people bought one because it cost the same as a Mini.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
My wee sister still has her Lupo GTI with low miles in totally unmolested, unmodified condition. She's thinking about an Up GT......but it may be hard to let her Lupo go (don't even know what it will be worth now). She's had 4 Lupos and the wee GTI is still something special. It even had its own production line - probably never made commercial sense

·
Registered
88 Posts
veedub-ally said:
My wee sister still has her Lupo GTI with low miles in totally unmolested, unmodified condition. She's thinking about an Up GT......but it may be hard to let her Lupo go (don't even know what it will be worth now). She's had 4 Lupos and the wee GTI is still something special. It even had its own production line - probably never made commercial sense

Wasn't the Lupo GTI made from aluminium? If the Up GT was then it would be worth the money...

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Some panels were aluminium and it had thinner glass to save weight. Bit of a bespoke model. Doubt the accountants would allow it nowadays!

·
Registered
277 Posts
Maybe VW will offer the engine from the Gt in other trim levels of the up. As from reading about the SUV they have shown details for this would potentially come with the engine from the gt.

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
Right then!! My Amy (the missus) has just had a laughing fit and a major idea! I told her about my idea of camping out like they do at the apple shop and she sad if theres like 10 of us keen to order 1 we should all go in get the manager and place one massive order for 10 gts and watch the discounts!

·
Registered
851 Posts
I think i will be priced out of the GT. But i'm very interested in the Rock Up. My guess is it will be a pimped Move up to bring up to a similar level to the High up. Nice alloys, with perhaps the white/black up seats but without the m&m. If so, then this would be perfect for me. Can't wait to see the spec.

·
Registered
587 Posts
I think it will be closer to 13 than 14k around 2k more than a High up! I will wait to see what it comes out at before deciding to order one or not. Seat already has the Mii Toca to shift more units. Not sure on the Rock up! name should have stuck with Match up! like they have for the rest of the range.

·
Registered
851 Posts
VW trying to get down with the kids on the streets via their funky new generation names. Match seems so last century!

1 - 20 of 29 Posts