Up Owners Club banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sooo.. I was thinking about buying the front bumper as a replacement for the stock Move Up front bumper for when i get my own little VW! Anyone else getting these wicked ideas?

·
Registered
727 Posts
I'll wait till the final production model hits the showroom floor first.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Here I find myself torn! On one hand I would like the UP GT to have different panels to the normal UP like the Lupo GTI had from the standard one. But on the other, like yourself, I think the GT front bumper looks totally bad ass and if they were the same I'd bloody have to replace it.

Anyway - I wonder who will be the first to shoehorn a GT engine and gearbox into a regular UP - that has got to be on the cards.

·
Registered
265 Posts
wetflyingmonkey said:
Anyway - I wonder who will be the first to shoehorn a GT engine and gearbox into a regular UP - that has got to be on the cards.
No one will, the up gt is based on the same 1.0 3-cylinder engine.
It will be all the same engine except for a few parts, exhaust manifold, turbo, radiator, and ECU as the major partsEdited by: Mulo

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
I guess it will need a stronger gearbox. The Max input torque spec of the current box is not a huge lot more than the max output of the 75ps engine. ( from when I looked at the spec )Edited by: Rednaxela

·
Registered
101 Posts
'Based on the same engine' yes but I tell thee... bugger all will be the same aside from the displacement and the number of cylinders.

I would imagine the easiest and cheapest thing to do would be to buy the lot, take old unit out sell it or store it and put new one in.

·
Registered
222 Posts
I can't see the GT looking to different to the press photos to be honest. Its not like it has some weird and wacky things that would be difficult and expensive to replicate onto a road car.

Even if the panels aren't interchangeable someone will bring a GT style bumper that will fit on your Up like Reiger did the Lupo GTI bumpers.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts