Up Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Super Moderator
3,147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Getting close to September and the trail has gone cold....anyone seen/heard anything new yet?........waiting for info is killing me (and making me look at other , lesser vehicles
)

·
Registered
532 Posts
I can't find a thing on the web. Currently trying to get my daughter to buy my car off me.

·
Super Moderator
3,147 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Been nothing new for months, other than rumoured October launch ( seriously doubt the truth in that )

·
Registered
17 Posts
Yeah, it's strange, the demo car was being driven by journalists over 18 months ago so you'd think we'd have some news by now.

Normally, if it was imminent, you'd expect to see it in camo being driven around and little snippets leaking out but I haven't seen anything and I've been looking regularly. I've had a google alert set on 'VW UP GT' and nothing new in months.

My dealer was originally saying end of the year but seeing as VW haven't actually 'officially' stated that it's coming to the UK yet then I think it's a long way off.

Personally I've been wanting to get a new car for a while and I don't think I can wait another few months so I'm going to throw in the towel and order something else. I think the UP GT potentially is going to be a brilliant little drivers car (mainly due to the low weight) so if it lives up to my expectations I'm sure I'll end up with one at some point.

·
Registered
217 Posts
This is what autoexpress had to say about Frankfurt motor show today, doesn't look good for an announcement :(

<h3 style="margin: 0px 0px 0.5em; padding: 0px; border: 0px; font-family: Helvetica, Arial, Verdana, 'Bitstream Vera Sans', sans-serif; font-size: 14px; line-height: 1.25em; vertical-align: line; color: rgb17, 17, 17;">Volkswagen</h3>Volkswagen will be kept busy in Frankfurt, unveiling four new cars. The cooked-up four-wheel driveGolf R, along with the Nissan Leaf challenginge-Golfand anelectric version of the Up!will be revealed. To complete the new Mk7 Golf line-up, aGolf Plusmodel will be showcased prior to going on sale in 2014.

Read more:http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/car-news/frankfurt-motor-show/65532/frankfurt-motor-show-2013#ixzz2cXH2Js6c

·
Registered
74 Posts
Off-topic: Who drives a Golf plus? Seriously...

On-topic: Well... they might surprise us. But.. It would take some of the focus out of electric Up!.

·
Registered
167 Posts
I have a feeling they might be reconsidering the whole thing. The electric up is a priority to them even though I don think they will be selling much of them at the asking price of over £20.000. And maybe the GT was hitting around £15.000 which is probably about right if not more, which will def put it off from many people's lists of things to buy, so yeah. Not surprised.

·
Registered
3 Posts
If there is no news from the Frankfurt motor show then I'm off to Honda for a CRZ, they're doing 0% finance until the end of Sept.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Just spoke to VW Headquarters Sweden about the GT and they said that VW wasn't sure yet about going to production with this vehicle, even today. But she hinted a little bit about the Frankfurt show so keep your eyes open. She said if they'll say anything about the GT it will be there.

·
Registered
851 Posts
eightbits said:
Just spoke to VW Headquarters Sweden about the GT and they said that VW wasn't sure yet about going to production with this vehicle, even today. But she hinted a little bit about the Frankfurt show so keep your eyes open. She said if they'll say anything about the GT it will be there.
The show is on between 10 and 22 Sept. So, if we hear nothing by 22 Sept, then we're all spending money elsewhere.

·
Registered
532 Posts
The up Gt will be a small seller so priority will be other models as Vw will be watching for the economy to change. If car sales go up in euro, there's half a chance otherwise we will have to wait. Another issue is that should they need volume priority will go there rather than releasing the GT. Imho of course.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Go and have a look at Volkswagen UK Facebook page. Almost in every post they make, there is someone asking "When is the Up GT coming" and their answer is either

or

·
Registered
583 Posts
On the German Motor-Talk, someone claims the GT was scrapped ...

Bit of a weird post, but it'd fit with the utter lack of any new news .

·
Registered
6 Posts
My initial thoughts were that they might wait for the initial rush of buyers to slow down a little and then try to introduce the GT. It might be that for the 14 plate they will scrap the rock and groove ups and just have it as the special edition so there is less competition. So they won't advertise it until they have finished the run of 13 spec models.

·
Registered
3 Posts
<a href="http://www.carenthusiast.com/news/article/8649/-/2013-Volkswagen-/Volkswagen+in+Frankfurt.html" target="_blank" rel="nofollow">
http://www.carenthusiast.com/news/article/8649/-/2013-Volkswagen-/Volkswagen+in+Frankfurt.html

The GT might still be underwraps yet, the bit that says 'one other model still to be anounced' caught my eye.
</A>

·
Super Moderator
3,147 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
a glimmer of hope..........well the e-up sounds pants so hopefully the GT will show up!

·
Registered
52 Posts
I asked my dealer at the weekend and they said they usually hear a few months in advance but havent heard anything.I really wanted the up! GT but they managed to persuade me to put an order in for a Polo Blue GT after test driving an R-Line.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Well, I don't think we will see the Up GT after todays reports from Frankfurt. If they won't save it til last or when the Press days are over. It'd surprise me if they wanted to take the spots from the new Golf R (300bhp! omg, nice car).

1 - 20 of 28 Posts