Up Owners Club banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello one and all, new here obviously.
When I get home in Feb 20 ,as im working over seas ,Im after a GTI. I wonder if any one can shed light to as and when or even IF VW are producing any more GTI or even a new addition/update/facelift. Salesmen seem to know nothing when I have emailed them and I can not find anything on line.
If for some reason VW have stopped production, Ill be looking for a used 5dr very low miles and NOT black in Feb.
Thank you in advance.

·
Registered
71 Posts
I believe it is in the best of VW's interests to produce electric only city cars from now on. That being said I believe the Up GTI has come to a start and an end.

Although you should never say never, I just see why it makes sense for VW to make this decision.

Sorry to rain on your parade!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
REALLY !!! That is good news. Do you have any ideas of format or schedule updates.
Once Im home I'll get right on this .
Thank you kindly

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well if he is, I hope he's kind enough to give me the heads up......bit like Joseph.......any dealer will do.
Have a great day people.....Middle East cool and foggy today.

·
Super Moderator
1,010 Posts
Yes guys, I work as a VW/Audi parts advisor in a main dealer and have seen confirmation on our internal website. GTI is back with the same 115bhp 3 pot turbo as before, The E-Up has the same 82bhp but a bigger battery for more range, all other trims come with the 60bhp engine, so sadly no TSI 90bhp or 75bhp anymore.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thank you...so NO change on GTI not even colour.....sure I saw an R-line online also ??? It was white with black alloys

·
Registered
178 Posts
you would think they do an R line and take another bite of the cherry with the 1.0 and make it a bit less ordinary

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Its surprising how many dealers are either not interested in holding a car with a deposit, or holding a car if you pay for it in full, for more than 5 days.
I got in touch with Lancaster VW, in Lancaster my home town.
They were more helpful then the other 5 dealers put together.
A kind Lady called Molly, informed me there are indeed cars available, basic no spec and free to order but arrival could be February.
So if anyone is interested...Im ordering one, to spec which could be march,Im done with talking with dealers on line who have little idea of what im asking and just want a unit out of the door to make their monthly figures up....Yes I know its a business blah blah blah but they should at least keep unto date with what's going on, People here knew before each of the dealers. Rant over apologies

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Its surprising how many dealers are either not interested in holding a car with a deposit, or holding a car if you pay for it in full, for more than 5 days.
I got in touch with Lancaster VW, in Lancaster my home town.
They were more helpful then the other 5 dealers put together.
A kind Lady called Molly, informed me there are indeed cars available, basic no spec and free to order but arrival could be February.
So if anyone is interested...Im ordering one, to spec which could be march,Im done with talking with dealers on line who have little idea of what im asking and just want a unit out of the door to make their monthly figures up....Yes I know its a business blah blah blah but they should at least keep unto date with what's going on, People here knew before each of the dealers. Rant over apologies

1 - 17 of 17 Posts