Up Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well Zippy was collected today and he is lovely - last three letters of the plate are XZU which stands for Xtra Zippy Up of course.

Car is immaculately turned out and is awaiting ceramic coating to paint and wheels.

Only disappointment is no jack and wheel brace.

Is this correct?

·
Registered
825 Posts
No, you should have both .

Reactions: VWXYZ

·
Registered
529 Posts
No they’ll be under the second cover in the boot along with an electric tyre inflator and some other bits.

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I know where they should be - our trade in was a High Up but all there is is a screwdriver, wheel lock key, the little curly wire thingy and the inflation kit.

·
Registered
553 Posts
So was mine, Tsi Beats, even though there is no spare as standard ! Most cars without spares don't have tools, just saying. If bought used, maybe 'lifted' at the dealership. Don't delay in asking for the missing items

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It's a brand new Gti collected yesterday.

I am wondering if the Gti simply doesn't come with them - I'll check with the dealership.

·
Registered
825 Posts
They DO come with them ! My Gti has them both. They've missed them out.
Go back to the dealership and insist they provide them.

·
Registered
181 Posts
They should be in the spare wheel well in a special box that also contains the air pump, unless they have stopped fitting them in the latest new cars. I dont think they would have though.

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The air pump and goo was in the plastic insert that was in the wheel well.

I'm going to check with the dealer on Monday.

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
This is what came in mine... built and delivered in October 2020
Thanks for posting Mike.

I will try to talk to the dealer today although the salesman I dealt with is not at work until next week.

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
First response from a call to the dealer is that the Gti is not supplied with a Jack & Brace - only if you order the spare wheel - which as you know is not an option on this model (although I understand how it can be used as a spare).

On pressing; he is going to double check and get back to me.

·
Registered
825 Posts
He's wrong, insist on having one. I got no spare wheel (got one now of course), but still got the jack and wheelbrace as per the pic above. Mine is June 2019, daughter's GTi has the same kit, April 2019.

·
Registered
379 Posts
I was told they stopped including wheels and tools a while back, by my dealer. They offered just the gloop & inflater kit (which of course is useless for all but few types of simple puncture), so I refused to sign the deal unless they threw in a full spare wheel (steel, not a space-saver), full toolkit/jack in the official VAG insert with strap etc (and gave me front mats!). They barely flinched - a quick "check with boss" and it was sorted. Within 1 month of collecting the car, I got a puncture and used the spare wheel to drive round to the local Kwik-Fit, where they even price-matched the tyre to one I could buy online.

I suppose if you don't ask, you don't get. :)

·
Registered
17 Posts
I specified a spare wheel on my GTI but was informed prior to build that they no longer supply it. The amount (I think 90eur) was deducted from my order. However, I still I received the brace and jack (as in the pic I posted) with my GTI. I ordered the car in the first week of August 2020 and it was delivered mid October 2020. The polystyrene holder for all the kit has abviously been formed for the wheel-well in anticipation of there not being an actual wheel there.

·
Registered
825 Posts
Obviously changed since I bought mine new last year. How are you expected to cope when you get any sort of puncture that's too big to be filled with gloop then ? Blowout for instance ?
Crazy.
VWXYZ, I'd still push for one. You've spent the money with them, create a stink and it's very likely they'll capitulate.

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
So two things today:

VW Customer Service responded to my email of a couple of days ago and advised that cars supplied with just the inflator kit do not come with a jack and wheel brace. They also advised contacting the nearest Dealership parts department for a quote to supply them!

Spoke to our supplying Dealer and the first class Sales Manager stepped in and offered us a brand new jack and brace FOC which we have now collected. A Tiguan in the showroom with just an inflator kit also has no jack and brace!

Must be the VW Bean Counters having a 'what can we do next to save costs' moment!

·
Registered
825 Posts
So two things today:

VW Customer Service responded to my email of a couple of days ago and advised that cars supplied with just the inflator kit do not come with a jack and wheel brace. They also advised contacting the nearest Dealership parts department for a quote to supply them!

Spoke to our supplying Dealer and the first class Sales Manager stepped in and offered us a brand new jack and brace FOC which we have now collected. A Tiguan in the showroom with just an inflator kit also has no jack and brace!

Must be the VW Bean Counters having a 'what can we do next to save costs' moment!
Unbelievable, Knew they'd back down though when you've just spent all that money on a new car......
With the amount of blowouts Gti's have seen on our potholed roads, we'd be completely s**ewed without one !

·
Registered
4 Posts
I just picked up my 5r Gti, 1st registered 4th September 2020, and this has the compressor, goo, jack and brace just like the picture @landymike posted. Not sure how I find my build date?

1 - 20 of 20 Posts