Up Owners Club banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
Up! GTI Tungsten Silver w/ Black Rood (On Order)
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi All,

I've recently ordered myself an Up! GTI as a replacement for my daily driver. I've had a hankering for one for quite a while and after having an unaccompanied test drive of a used one at my local dealer I took the plunge and got one ordered straight away - they're great little cars! I've gone for a 3dr in Tungsten Silver with a Black roof and ticked all of the options as I like my creature comforts.

I've done my research so a few small mods are on the cards when it arrives - priority being headlight bulbs!

Has anyone recently taken delivery of a new one? I know that all cases vary but I'm interested in knowing how long your wait was from order to delivery. With the state of the world at the moment the best my dealer can estimate is 6 months. If that's how long it takes then so be it but I'm hoping that it might be a bit sooner than that!

Cheers
Lewis

·
Registered
6 Posts
hi All,

I've recently ordered myself an Up! GTI as a replacement for my daily driver. I've had a hankering for one for quite a while and after having an unaccompanied test drive of a used one at my local dealer I took the plunge and got one ordered straight away - they're great little cars! I've gone for a 3dr in Tungsten Silver with a Black roof and ticked all of the options as I like my creature comforts.

I've done my research so a few small mods are on the cards when it arrives - priority being headlight bulbs!

Has anyone recently taken delivery of a new one? I know that all cases vary but I'm interested in knowing how long your wait was from order to delivery. With the state of the world at the moment the best my dealer can estimate is 6 months. If that's how long it takes then so be it but I'm hoping that it might be a bit sooner than that!

Cheers
Lewis
March 2022 delivery is estimate for our new UP GTI 5 door. A long wait, but got a great dealer future guaranteed trade in price for our Polo. Not too happy that no spare wheel provided nor passenger seat height adjustment. Mudflaps can't be fitted either. Anyway, the wife will be main driver and she's not bothered.
Chris.
Chris.

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
March 2022 delivery is estimate for our new UP GTI 5 door. A long wait, but got a great dealer future guaranteed trade in price for our Polo. Not too happy that no spare wheel provided nor passenger seat height adjustment. Mudflaps can't be fitted either. Anyway, the wife will be main driver and she's not bothered.
Chris.
Chris.
Mudflaps can be fitted. Rears are just like any other Up, and our dealer would have fitted them. They said the fronts couldn't be fitted, so I got a full set thrown in with the deal for my new Gti in 2019. I fitted the front & rears. The fronts just need a bit of judicious cutting around the front of the sideskirts. Rears took 15 mins per side, fronts about 30 mins per side including the cutting.

Reactions: L_E

·
Registered
124 Posts
Given the wait, insist the dealer throws in the standard spare wheel kit.
I asked for & received the wheel (and mats) - didn't seem a big issue to the dealer.
I’m not sure there is a ‘standard’ spare wheel kit for the GTI (spacesaver or otherwise).

There are several options, some from the VW parts bin and others not. So rather than the dealer being able to easily pick the item for you, you may need to specify part numbers.

·
Registered
1,733 Posts
Fair point - but there is for my Citigo though, and the salesman at the dealership took seconds to add the part number to the order. The 'pack' included wheel & tyre (steel, not a space saver), jack, various tools, the big plastic clamping bolt, the foam insert and strap; all official VAG kit.... They had no use for the daft gloop kit and electric pump, so they just left it in the boot.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I’m not sure there is a ‘standard’ spare wheel kit for the GTI (spacesaver or otherwise).

There are several options, some from the VW parts bin and others not. So rather than the dealer being able to easily pick the item for you, you may need to specify part numbers.
I will need to check with the VW dealer but the latest VW UP brochure shows that the spare wheel option listed at £105 is not an option on the UpGTI nor Upe. I am not sure why, but could it be that the 17" wheel size does not fit in the boot well or are the front calipers bigger and the standard spare 15" wheels fitted to the other Up models not be suitable ?
Chris.

·
Registered
124 Posts
The reason is that the listed spare wheel for non-GTI models doesn’t fit over the front brake callipers - if you search this forum there are plenty of discussions and solutions about this.

·
Registered
VW UP GTI tornado red
239 Posts
I sort of got a perk in that my current car. The one that will be used to part exchange was requesting it’s first service. I contacted my dealer and told them of this. They replied very surprisingly for me to get it serviced and they will pay.

·
Registered
6 Posts
hi All,

Cheers
Lewis
My local VW dealer now says delivery our recent order for the UP GTI could be later in Decmber 2021 and not March 2022 as originally planned. Come to think of it, wintry December is not a great month to get a new car delivery. I too like to do a few mods, luxuries, and tweaks to a new car before it goes out on the road . ......that reminds me, I better see if I can source a spare wheel for it.
Chris.

·
Registered
Up! GTI Tungsten Silver w/ Black Rood (On Order)
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Chris.
Chris.
Seems that they've given you a bit of a more realistic estimate than I got then, but a long wait none the less. When did you place your order if you don't mind me asking? I'm not too surprised that there's no spare wheel if I'm honest - my last few cars haven't had one and they don't seem to be very commonplace in new cars now. I've also gone for Beats Audio so I believe the spare wheel well is full of amplifier? I'll have to make do with a can of goo for mine and hope for the best.
Hopefully I can get the front mudflaps fitted with a bit of tweaking as a few other members have done. I thought they might have made a set for the GTI and E models.

My local VW dealer now says delivery our recent order for the UP GTI could be later in Decmber 2021 and not March 2022 as originally planned. Come to think of it, wintry December is not a great month to get a new car delivery. I too like to do a few mods, luxuries, and tweaks to a new car before it goes out on the road . ......that reminds me, I better see if I can source a spare wheel for it.
Chris.
Hopefully your car will be delivered in December but I do agree what wintery conditions aren't the best when picking up a new car - driving it straight out onto dirty salty roads!
Let us know how you get on with sourcing your spare wheel

·
Registered
6 Posts
Seems that they've given you a bit of a more realistic estimate than I got then, but a long wait none the less. When did you place your order if you don't mind me asking? I'm not too surprised that there's no spare wheel if I'm honest - my last few cars haven't had one and they don't seem to be very commonplace in new cars now. I've also gone for Beats Audio so I believe the spare wheel well is full of amplifier? I'll have to make do with a can of goo for mine and hope for the best.
Hopefully I can get the front mudflaps fitted with a bit of tweaking as a few other members have done. I thought they might have made a set for the GTI and E models.

Hopefully your car will be delivered in December but I do agree what wintery conditions aren't the best when picking up a new car - driving it straight out onto dirty salty roads!
Let us know how you get on with sourcing your spare wheel
Hi there.
Our Up GTI car was ordered in first week of October 2021 I think. I reckon the standard Up rear mudflaps will fit but not the front unless you modify them. I agree that VW should offer suitable front flaps. On the Upgti I looked at the front plastic inner wing protectors protude slightly from the metal wing wheel arch.....weird.

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
Eh ? Mine don't. Unless you mean the front & rear "extensions" towards the front of the front arches, and towards the bottom rear of the rear arches, then that's how they should be, but they're not part of the underwing protection.
If that's not what you're talking about, then the underwing protective plastic covers aren't fitted correctly, The edge of those should be on the inside of the arch lips.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Eh ? Mine don't. Unless you mean the front & rear "extensions" towards the front of the front arches, and towards the bottom rear of the rear arches, then that's how they should be, but they're not part of the underwing protection.
If that's not what you're talking about, then the underwing protective plastic covers aren't fitted correctly, The edge of those should be on the inside of the arch lips.
Yes you are correct. I am wrong.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts