Up Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi’

First of all, I’m from Denmark, sorry for the poor english :)

2-3 months ago, I went to a tuner located here in the dk, he has one of the best reputations here in the remap scene.
He designed a new costum map for the GTI and the car was really fun afterwards. Lots of torque and a respectable hp gain: 147,7 hp & 258 nmvpower100)
Stit had: 124,1 hp & 226 nm (vpower100)

But there was one problem! In the rev-range around 2500-3200, if you floored it in 3-4-5 or 6th, you could feel the turbo spool make power and then loose pressure for a short moment and there after pick up again. In 1-2 gear there where no hint of this, it just pulled hard.
I could not live with that, and went back to the tuner again. He tried fixing the remap for 3-4 hours, but he couldnt fix the problem. The same loss of turbo pressure occured. So I’m back to the std map again.

Have any of you heard of this before or had the same problem?
Does your remapped GTI pull smooth in rev range?

Thanks in advance for the answers :)

·
Registered
324 Posts
I’m not looking for any arguments. Just want some input. The UP! GTI is quite rare in Denmark, so I thought there could be some good input from some of you guys :)
I wish you well, I've had mine remapped long ago and I'm delighted with it with no problems but these threads generally lead to WW3 with the remap peddlers of doom.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I wish you well, I've had mine remapped long ago and I'm delighted with it with no problems but these threads generally lead to WW3 with the remap peddlers of doom.
Is yours GTI pulling strong on all of the rev range, no spots of pressure loss? Who did the remap on yours?

The tuner I’ve used here in Denmark is very respected, not cheap and very professionel. But he didnt no why it did it, he even contacted some UK tuners and the respons was that, some of the GTI’s was sensitive to tuning.
Thats why I wanted to here if any others had heard of this before.

·
Registered
324 Posts
The tuner I’ve used here in Denmark is very respected, not cheap and very professionel. But he didnt no why it did it, he even contacted some UK tuners and the respons was that, some of the GTI’s was sensitive to tuning.
Thats why I wanted to here if any others had heard of this before.
[/QUOTE]Everything has been perfect, I've had a mild 130BHP remap by Quantum Tuning installed by Supertune Scotland in Cumbernauld, I doubt any of us will be really able to help you but hopefully I'm wrong.

·
Registered
170 Posts
i belive it´s the torq that comes to much to soon and heats the partikelfilter to fast/to much, i would turn it down to around the 240nm mark, my tsi does it only some times but i don´t have a partikelfilter as mine is earlyere the yours , so i could get a legal down pipe for mine. mine is not done by landberg but in germany,
regards
Sören from aarhus

·
Registered
1,600 Posts
Just checked my map against yours and tbh they trace near enough the same route. My car worked perfectly with 140bhp/ 264nm and felt very linear in it's power delivery.

The only thing i can think of is maybe the map is trying to produce too much boost lower down so has to vent before going again.

·
Registered
235 Posts
I have a quantum remap on my GTI as well, 130bhp and 240nm torque, personally I don't think the gti needs anymore power than that in such a small package, driveability is certainly alot more pokey though. I've not had any issues with my car since the remap either.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i belive it´s the torq that comes to much to soon and heats the partikelfilter to fast/to much, i would turn it down to around the 240nm mark, my tsi does it only some times but i don´t have a partikelfilter as mine is earlyere the yours , so i could get a legal down pipe for mine. mine is not done by landberg but in germany,
regards
Sören from aarhus
En dansker på siden, fedt ;)

Tak for svar. Jeg skal lige forstå det rigtigt, oplever du også et ‘fald i tryk’ nogle steder under belastning fra de lavere omdrejninger?

Er egentlig ærgerlig over at landberg ikke formåede at fixe det, for den trak fedt så længe det bare var fuld gas fra 1-2.gear. Men samtidig så vil jeg også bare gerne have en bil der kører smooth, gider ikke halve løsninger med lidt uperfekthed.

Jeg kender ikke lige andre i dk der har chippet en GTI, så spurgte efter lidt viden herovre fra. Det virker dog ikke til at nogen oprigtig vil ud med om det køre fejlfrit eller ej :D

·
Registered
42 Posts
Another Dane here :)

I cannot call myself a car enthusiast (this is my 3rd at age 52), but I'm tempted to remap my gti.
Having no remapping experience whatsoever, I'm in doubt what to try. I'm considering BSR tuning.
www.bsr-tuning.dk/
en.bsr.se/

·
Registered
170 Posts
der er nu en del danskere her inde, på min tror jeg det er at katten bliver varm og det er ikke altid, men også cirka i det område den drosler. har lige banket den af et par gange de sidste par dage og der var intet, og med banket af mener jeg rullende (ingen hård start) 1-2-3-4 om til 150/160, det gør den nu fit nok, min er en tsi og med den mega høje gearing så selv med 145hk og 260 i moment er 4 og 5 ikke noget og råbe hurra for plus den har jo cw værdi som en kampvogn he he jeg bor i sabro ved tilst(århus)

VH:

·
Registered
317 Posts
There's a guy on here (from the Canary Isles?) who has monitored live data as he drove his GTI. His conclusion (I think) being that when the EGT reaches a pre determined point the ecu cuts boost and or fuelling.
Try a search for him. His posts will be hidden somewhere in the War and Peace remapping threads I guess.
Your description sounds like boost being cut/vented to me. But you'd need to watch live data to observe that. Any semi decent scanner will provide live data.

·
Registered
472 Posts
There's a guy on here (from the Canary Isles?) who has monitored live data as he drove his GTI. His conclusion (I think) being that when the EGT reaches a pre determined point the ecu cuts boost and or fuelling.
Try a search for him. His posts will be hidden somewhere in the War and Peace remapping threads I guess.
Your description sounds like boost being cut/vented to me. But you'd need to watch live data to observe that. Any semi decent scanner will provide live data.
Yes the guy from the Canary’s was one of very few people on here who knows what he’s talking about and backs his opinions up with facts.
Think he fell out with people on here and moved on unfortunately.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Hi All...here we go again! But it's interesting... we all have different opinions which is healthy! I have a Tdi Tuning Box which is not so popular with the Membership i know. But unlike an ECU remap which breaks the terms of your Warranties which any VW dealer can see via the OBD2 Port when doing a regular service,this unit and it's plumbing is removable in 5 minutes from the eyes of VW or in Spain for the ITV (MOT) Also,it's past presence feeding the power-unit does not leave a scar in the ECU.It has been on rollers and it gives 135 corrected Bhp and 256Nm which is not as high as the unit GTIdk achieved. I have to say that 147bhp seems pretty good! Is it corrected? I work for a Race-Circuit and have tried it against a standard Gti just for one lap and the difference is quite surprising! In real terms on the road, if permitted,i don't think my car would loose any ground on a vehicle with more impressive power claims using a re-mapped ECU, so i personally don't see the point of hacking into the ECU. Just my views..

·
Registered
310 Posts
Was the user @Estoril ? Feel like I might be conflating two users because of that name

·
Registered
170 Posts
Another Dane here :)

I cannot call myself a car enthusiast (this is my 3rd at age 52), but I'm tempted to remap my gti.
Having no remapping experience whatsoever, I'm in doubt what to try. I'm considering BSR tuning.
www.bsr-tuning.dk/
en.bsr.se/
i would phone kim at vagtuning(apr) but get the racingline turbo inlet also, kim sells both so you could get everything true him
regards
Sören

·
Super Moderator
1,495 Posts
i just had the racing line turbo inlet fitted , and now i cannot get it to trottle down at the 3000 rpm mark, so that did the trick for me.
regards
Sören
I too get a noticeable cut in power around 3000rpm. It was worse with the Regal Autosport map, but much better and happens less often with the JBS remap. I will purchase the Racingline Turbo Elbow. Was waiting for the JBS one but might as well crack on with things at home!

·
Registered
239 Posts
Hopefully the inlet is the cure as I reckon the downpipe/particulate filter overheating could be the issue in tuned vehicles... it's an expensive part to replace and seems to add a lot of extra noise

1 - 20 of 44 Posts