Up Owners Club banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I have just bought a new up! very pleased with it. I had it with guard x and was just wondering if i should have any warranty or paperwork to say that my car has it?

I also have the maps and more, and am unable to connect it to my laptop as there was no cd in the box?

any help greatly appreciated

·
Registered
540 Posts
Re: GardX - no clue, sorry.

Re M&Mn- you don't need a CD. If you search on the navigon website you'll find a download for some client software that will install on your PC/laptop. When you connect the satnav your 'my computer' folder should register it as should the navigon software. It should automatically direct you to where you need to go regarding updates etc.

There should also be an instruction manual somewhere in your box that details what you need to do.hope that helps.

Edited for spelling. (Silly iPhone!)Edited by: Fidel_Castronaut

·
Registered
59 Posts
Think when I got Gard x I had guarantee paperwork. That said I don't think it is worth much as you have to keep washing and treating car as per instructions - monthly I think, so not practical or you might not be able to claim. That said car keeps cleaner longer than untreated fiesta and easier to clean, so I think it does something.

·
Registered
309 Posts
GardX - for what its worth you should have a sticker on the windscreen, a GardX bag containing shampoo, sponge, cloths, GardX Conserver etc. and some paperwork/certificate. If you haven't got these speak to your dealer.

·
Registered
176 Posts
When I purchased my Up! I was provided with a complimentary Autoglym Lifeshine Pack, for which I did receive a warranty certificate.

However, seven months on, I'm no longer using the Autoglym pack, since I was continually disappointed by the level of finish, as my Up! simply didn't shine as much as I'd have liked.

Instead, having conducted some research, I'm now using a range of Farecla G3 Pro cleaning/detailing products (purchased from Halfords), in addition to a fantastic carnauba wax shampoo, purchased from Aldi for £2.99, of which I consider to be the best car shampoo I've ever used.

If you're unhappy with the level of finish that Guard X provides, then I'd suggest that you conduct some research, as I did, or go back to using products you know and trust, to deliver the level of finish that you seek.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts