Up Owners Club banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello to you all. I had a thought last night.....wait for it! LOL.
My thought was, there are a lot of new members joining the forum, that are interested in modifying their Up!'s or have a technical question. I know that members can obviously put up a post, but sometimes they would like specific help from knowledgeable people. My thought was would it be worth giving certain people the title "Guru", or "Expert" like "Newbie" so that anybody wanting specific information could easily find them.
What does everybody think?
Would we nominate, or ask for volunteers? I would gladly volunteer for this, as I have 16 years experience in motor manufacturing, and still going! Plus I love these kind of questions.
Moderators/admin, would this be a possibility?
Cheers
Matt

·
Registered
467 Posts
Good idea!

I have access to technical information - how does what work exactly on Up (with pics)

Also have the Up for year and 3 months now.
one of my help example: provided RasmusTJ with pics for how to start to retrofit M+M..

anyway will help new members further on (w/ or w/o the Guru status)

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi b82ry. Thanks for the vote of confidence! I didn't know how people would take it. At least there is another volunteer! Your access to the technical side of things will come in handy!I also agree, with your comment about helping with or without the guru status. I'm about to do a guide on how to fit the W8 Passat interior light, if I can get it done in the next couple of days with the wind & rain we've got here till the weekend! I'll try & post it ASAP.
Once again, thanks.
Matt.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I would love to make a site like http://passatplus.de/just about the up! but im afraid i dont have the time to do it...

if someone else does it.. i will help where i can.

That could help alot of people with guides and part numbers... would also help to stop the same questions being asked over and over.
Edited by: Ghidora

·
Registered
226 Posts
It seems like a good idea to be, but doesn't the category of "Expert" already exist?

·
Registered
397 Posts
skyhigh said:
It seems like a good idea to be, but doesn't the category of "Expert" already exist?
All I can find using the Topic and Forum search is "Technical" ... but
that has 14 pages and each page has 24 different subjects (altho many
overlap). So, how to differentiate between EXPERT and TECHNICAL?

·
Registered
226 Posts
PeterWestSussex said:
skyhigh said:
All I can find using the Topic and Forum search is "Technical" ... but
that has 14 pages and each page has 24 different subjects (altho many
overlap). So, how to differentiate between EXPERT and TECHNICAL?

By the category of "Expert", I mean instead of "Newbie".
I found an example of a member who is already an "Expert" to show what I mean.

<div style="text-align: center;">

<div style="text-align: left;">(There's no particular reason I chose Rednaxela, it was just the first one that came to mind.
)

·
Registered
705 Posts
Expert just means that the person has posted a lot of items. It doesn't necessarily make them an Expert, just chatty.

Nick

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Ok. How about the term "technical" or "technician" ?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts