Up Owners Club banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I'm just about to pick up my new high up and I was just wondering if anyone knows of any hid bulb kits for the up yet?

·
Super Moderator
1,477 Posts
HID 'kits' are not vehicle specific, only bulb style specific.

Personally, I hate seeing HID bulbs in non-HID headlamps, as in most applications, the design and beam pattern of the headlamp is not suited to the HID throw, and you end up dazzling on-coming vehicles.

·
Super Moderator
1,477 Posts
Yup, I'm running Nightbreakers and never have a situation of 'not having enough light'.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Where can I get those lighs from? I only like the hids because they give more of a led light colour

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
Don't do it. HIDs in cars that aren't supposed to have them look hideous. Massively unfocused beams with enough light to burn through a concrete wall. A friend of mine has them and I swear to god if he doesn't change them soon, they're going up his a55.
Just get decent bulbs like Nightbreaker+ golds. Much better.

·
Registered
727 Posts
"High-intensity discharge arc lamps showing glare when installed in vehicle headlamp housings intended for halogen bulbs."

source: Wikipedia

·
Registered
121 Posts
Old thread revival!
Ive recently fitted an HID kit in my Landrover Freelander 2. The light from them is now fantastic however they are projector headlights unlike the Up which are reflectors. Has anyone got any pictures of them fitted in an Up - beam pattern shot or pictures of illumination on a dark road and if so what's your experience of them?
I know they are not road legal in UK!!!

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
Old thread revival!
Ive recently fitted an HID kit in my Landrover Freelander 2. The light from them is now fantastic however they are projector headlights unlike the Up which are reflectors. Has anyone got any pictures of them fitted in an Up - beam pattern shot or pictures of illumination on a dark road and if so what's your experience of them?
I know they are not road legal in UK!!!
Don't do it, please. Nothing more annoying than a car with HIDs in reflector headlights coming toward you or sat behind you.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts