Up Owners Club banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello! Looking to buy the springs very soon but just wondering if yous could give me an idea of what you paid for labour to get them fitted?

Thanksssss :)

·
Registered
48 Posts
I used Pro-Grip in Larbert who were £168 to fit my coilovers and get the alignment doe.

The alignment itself was £46 and according to my invoice 2.9 hours of labour at £42 per hour were needed to fit them.

Granted this was for coilovers so lowering springs might be a bit cheaper.

I would highly recommend Pro-Grip if you're willing to make the trip through, the guy knows his stuff and did a top job.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi there,

Just a quick question, which coilovers did you opt to buy? As I know JOM and FK AK Street both offer coilover options for the up. Also how does the car feel to drive? as I use 10mm spacers on my front and rear axels and I am running 7j rh cups and my car atm keeps really flat in corners and such. I cannot decide what to do, coilovers or no coilovers. Any info would help greatly.

cal

·
Super Moderator
1,495 Posts
Smyth said:
I used Pro-Grip in Larbert who were £168 to fit my coilovers and get the alignment doe.

The alignment itself was £46 and according to my invoice 2.9 hours of labour at £42 per hour were needed to fit them.

Granted this was for coilovers so lowering springs might be a bit cheaper.

I would highly recommend Pro-Grip if you're willing to make the trip through, the guy knows his stuff and did a top job.
It would take around the same time to fit lowering springs than coilovers.

With coilovers, the front units are removed and replaced with another complete unit, whereas with springs you have to disassemble the strut, swap the springs and reassemble for installation, however at the rear you have to change the shocks for coilovers, but not with lowering springs, so the labout time will probably even itself out.

Edited by: shakotanVIP

1 - 4 of 4 Posts