Up Owners Club banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
... only good to say!

I have noticed a change in responsivenes and mileage as the km's run the engine in. Its good! Its also noticable in the enginesound. In the beginning the engine sounded a bit loud and high frequency if you understand, but now its settled in, and create a much lower and darker sound. Perfect.

No problems at all, have driven a 900 km return trip to Berlin over a weekend, im in love with the cruisecontrol in the autobahn. Lots of power to overtake, even when in high speed.

Wha tabout you other owners, have you also noticed the change in engine sound? I would say i first noticed around the 1500 - 1800 km mark.

Jesper.

·
Registered
619 Posts
I've only done about 400 miles so far but I have noticed that the engine and gearbox seem a bit quieter compared to when I first took delivery. I can't say the sound is any lower pitched - time will tell.

Incidentally, the Up glides along quite nicely at the national speed limit without much noise from the engine or tyre/road noise. It is quite pleasantly refined for a small car.

·
Registered
73 Posts
When we had the Up for a couple of days we did plenty of driving on many different roads. I was very impressed with the refinement for such a small car, and as everyone says, it wasn't lacking in performance anywhere...

My missus was immediately hooked, she just wanted to drive and drive. Says a lot about it, as she was never that enthusiastic before! i know she is really looking forward to the arrival of ours

1 - 3 of 3 Posts