Up Owners Club banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Really enjoying my new Up! had it a month now. I had Lupos up to ordering the Up!, however the last Lupo I have I have decided to keep it as I cannot bear to let it go.My Up has a sunroof and I am really pleased with it.

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
Welcome. Glad your enjoying your new car

We also have a Lupo, actually we have two for a while (my daughter is selling hers). Lovely little cars, feel very basic compared to the Up! now though. I drove my Lupo today and it felt like a little go-cart. That said it's very reliable, cheap tax (1.7d) and cheap on diesel

·
Registered
956 Posts
Hi Pankow and welcome. Nice to see another West Yorkshire member and really glad you're enjoying your up!

What colour and spec did you go for?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I agree, when I drive the lupo its like a go-cart. My Lupo is the same 1.7d and I try to drive it one day a week.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi. Got the red Move Up with sun roof and leather seats, also bluemotion which took a little getting used too. Seemed odd at first engine shutting down at traffic lights.

·
Registered
956 Posts
Pankow said:
Hi. Got the red Move Up with sun roof and leather seats, also bluemotion which took a little getting used too. Seemed odd at first engine shutting down at traffic lights.

Mmm, know the feeling. I went for the BMT too and am always a bit wary about using it. Always works perfectly though

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
I didn't realize the BMT did that! Sounds pretty cool.

·
Registered
423 Posts
I had a Polo C Formel E back in 1985 that had a stop/start system!

·
Registered
956 Posts
bugbabe34 said:
I'm soooooo behind the times clearly!

Me too, I'd never heard of it before I ordered the up!

It's pretty weird though. You pull up at traffic lights, put it in neutral, put the handbrake on and the engine just dies. As soon as you put your foot on the clutch, it comes to life again. Works like a dream but I still find myself going for the clutch before I need to, just to make sure the engine's running when the lights go to green

1 - 10 of 10 Posts