Up Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys!

Today I had the chance for a couple good pictures under the sunlight. From tomorrow until Monday we're having heavy rain, so this would be the end of it's "first clean state" :p

A couple of days ago I tried changing the consumption indicator from km/l to l/100km using the VAG-COM cable I have. Unfortunately it seems to be a little too old because I couldn't access the instruments module at all (it's a 11.8 cable running 11.2 VCDS). So I have to take it to the dealer I think...

So, next ones will be after the first wash.

Cheers!

·
Super Moderator
1,051 Posts
Very nice Up! Red seems to really suit Ups.

I'm not even slightly jealous of your 'normal' gearbox or thetwo window switches on the driver's side! I think I prefer the 'all glass' rear of the UK Up! though if I'm honest! And I notice you have a cigarette lighter instead of the 12v cover. And does the radio have a USB socket on it?

Any plans to mod it at all?

·
Registered
180 Posts
Yeah interesting to see the differences - as you say 2 window switches (not even slightly jealous either
) proper winding down rear windows (not sure about the 1/4 lights), metal lower bootlid and 2 central locking buttons (one on the dash, one on the door)?!

·
Super Moderator
1,051 Posts
TurboTomato said:
2 central locking buttons (one on the dash, one on the door)?!

I can't see the switch on the dash, if you mean where the hazard switch is, I think they are:

Hazard switch

Passenger Airbag On/Off

Heated rear screen

I could be wrong mind!

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
lupogtiboy said:
TurboTomato said:
2 central locking buttons (one on the dash, one on the door)?!

I can't see the switch on the dash, if you mean where the hazard switch is, I think they are:

Hazard switch

Passenger Airbag On/Off

Heated rear screen

I could be wrong mind!

You're right on the first and last one, but the middle one is just the alarm LED! (not a button)
Edited by: Hambert

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
lupogtiboy said:
Does the radio have a USB input? I can see something in the photos next to the bottom row of buttons, opposite to the AUX in.

Yes it does! What you see on the photos is the port populated with a SanDisk 16GB Cruzer Fit pendrive.

Quite happy with that, wasn't expecting it when ordered the car as I thought you only get a slot with the M&M unit. Although I prefer SD cards as they're slimmer.

Guys, you don't have to be jealous. I rather keep the ESP, TPMS and sunroof you have instead of the "coloured mirrors" we get around here.

·
Super Moderator
1,051 Posts
Aha! That's the other thing to be jealous too, wing mirror indicators!

I am left wondering why VW Brazil are able to add all these worthwhile extras yet VW Europe isn't! Its not like it would cost them an arm and a leg to do, and only enhance the car further ahead of its competitors.

·
Registered
252 Posts
lupogtiboy said:

I am left wondering why VW Brazil are able to add all these worthwhile extras yet VW Europe isn't! Its not like it would cost them an arm and a leg to do, and only enhance the car further ahead of its competitors.
Keeping something back for the facelift....

·
Registered
109 Posts
lupogtiboy said:
Aha! That's the other thing to be jealous too, wing mirror indicators
Had these on my polo ,terrible idea, catches your eye as you turn. Nothing but a distraction and something vw should stop. I covered mine with tape. Glad my up has wingdicators.

Hambert.... Your car looks lovely,especially the red dash. Same alloys as mine,,,love them .
And im not real jealous of the extra window switches really ...much

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
A wonderful up!

If I hadn't taken the black up! with red dash I would have taken a red up! (with leatherette) and red dash. I love the red dash! We have had a rainy summer - but the red dash makes me smile. The best you can do to raise up your mood ...

Some Germans have equipped their up!s with selfmade double-window switch on the driver's side (like the Brazilian up! has as standard).

As I have a European 5 door ...
Both (Brazilian / European) up!s have their advantages and charme to me.

Great car, Hambert!

·
Registered
153 Posts
I noticed that the side repeater is in the wing mirror housing rather than the wing, they look good
wish we could get them.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I really appreciate your words, guys!! :)

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
TurboTomato said:
Next you'll be telling us you have 1 touch up and down on the windows as well 
Hahhaha! Nope, they're press & hold just like yours :)

Today started to rain, and it caught me driving. Now it's dirty for the first time :(Edited by: Hambert

·
Registered
540 Posts
mii al said:
lupogtiboy said:

Keeping something back for the facelift....
Yup.

Maximise market penetration then follow up with this in a few years, methinks.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Hi all!!

Here some pictures from the first wash!
:

And after the first wash, came the first waxing of course! Waxed photos are pending though, awful days coming until sunday!

I've removed the dealer badges and now it looks soo much clean!

Cheers!

·
Super Moderator
3,147 Posts
Looking pretty Hambert....enjoy!

·
Registered
172 Posts
vcds must for europa up´s be a min of 12. 0and your´s is newér the our´s so i suspekt that is why you can´t code anything

regards
RIX

1 - 20 of 34 Posts