Up Owners Club banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm trying to replace the plastic handbrake cover but am stuck at how exactly this thing is supposed to come off.

This is what happened

And this is the diagram

It looks to me that the only way to take 14 off is through the front of the lever but to do that 13 has to come off first. And this is where I'm stuck, there seems to be no way to take 13 off the thing. Any ideas?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Let me answer myself.

I found below in the clublupo.co.uk forums and it also works for up!. I thought I'm going to brake it to be honest but this is how it is done.

Pull up handbrake lever.<br style="color: rgb40, 40, 40; font-family: helvetica, arial, sans-serif; line-height: 19px; : rgb247, 247, 247;"><br style="color: rgb40, 40, 40; font-family: helvetica, arial, sans-serif; line-height: 19px; : rgb247, 247, 247;">Place a small screwdriver in the recess in the handbrake lever and push in direction of hand grip -arrow A-.<br style="color: rgb40, 40, 40; font-family: helvetica, arial, sans-serif; line-height: 19px; : rgb247, 247, 247;"><br style="color: rgb40, 40, 40; font-family: helvetica, arial, sans-serif; line-height: 19px; : rgb247, 247, 247;">Pull hand grip -1- off handbrake lever -2-, -arrow B-.

·
Registered
957 Posts
Useful bit off info there Tungsten.
Why are you taking this apart, are you covering item 14 in leather or replacing it ?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I had to replace the plastic surround which somehow got to look like in the first picture. Not surprised it happened because there is a gap between the surround and the actual lever hence I can see someone braking it if they have kids etc.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts