Up Owners Club banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Super Moderator
3,147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As it looms, is there anything I should pay particular attention to?.....like so many, the thrill of it will make me want to just get out and drive so I'm asking those that have already got theirs if there are any must-checks I shouldn't miss

I'll be taking the camera!

·
Registered
94 Posts
Can't say for an Up as mines a month away. But this will be my third new car handover. Just go with common sense.

Check all over for marks, dents or scratches on the body work from the transit. Use the light from different angles to spot blemishes on the paint.

All moveable parts. Doors, locks, handles, buttons etc etc.

Electrics. Check the lights, AC, windows, heaters, radio, maps and more.

But take your time. Don't be rushed by the dealer. Problems spotted by you now will be sorted quicker.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Bodywork, Alloys, all controls. Anything that moves. Maps and More (if you have it). All delivery paperwork and proof of PDI etc.

Check the tyre pressures as soon as you can, so many garages miss deflating them from the transport pressures.

·
Super Moderator
3,147 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks, I'm a bit OCD about tyres and wheels, always use my calibrated pressure guage and torque wrench....comes from years of involvement with RTAs , think about it, a 2x2" bit of rubber and 4 wee bolts are all that connect your massive object to the road!

·
Registered
235 Posts
Hi Privatedoc - from what you've said about your dealer, I'm sure they will do a thorough job of handing over the car - particularly running through any controls/features that are unique to the up! such as M&M.

With your second up! already on order and another order likely to be placed early next year for a GT, I'm sure they'll really look after you!

·
Registered
142 Posts
Leeds were pretty good on the handover as they went through
all the controls and the M&M functions, also paired my phone, so full marks
for that.<?: prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" />

They look at me a bit strange when I was (almost) lying down
on the showroom floor looking at the paintwork from all different angles.

Remember to check off any extras you have ordered as I
missed the fact that the wrong mats had been fitted (only noticing when I vacuumed
it out a couple of days later and noticed no up! logo), but to be fair they did
place an order for the correct mats which I will be picking up this evening.

Enjoy your day

1 - 6 of 6 Posts