Up Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, i am a new up! owner in Australia and i was wondering if anyone else has noticed this problem... When the sun hits the windshield from directly above there is a really distracting reflection from the vents at the front of the dash. Love love love the car but thinking maybe i need a dash mat to reduce this reflection. Thoughts?? Oh and also the seatbelt seems to be at a height that cuts across my neck....perhaps i am an idiot and there is an easy way to adjust that! Thanks.Edited by: Lovemypoodle

·
Registered
176 Posts
Had my up 6 months now and haven't yet seen the sun, so no problem here.

Seriously though, I haven't had any problems with this, but perhaps it's one of those things that once you've focussed on once, you keep going back to it?

I had the same problem with the seat belt but found that by changing the vertical position of the seat I could get round it.

·
Registered
811 Posts
We've had our only day of sunshine in England today and I must say I have never noticed any reflections. I did watch a video review on iMotor a while ago and the reviewer commented there on reflections from the dash. It is probably something that irritates once you've noticed it.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Haha! So funny! I guess the sun isn't as big a problem in the UK!?! Thanks for the replies, i will have a go with the vertical position of the seat.

Edited by: Lovemypoodle

·
Registered
393 Posts
Hi Lovemypoodle. Unfortunately the seat belt anchor points are fixed and cannot be adjusted. My wife also complains about the passenger seat belt cutting in, but so far, I haven't found a solution to it yet.

Matt

·
Registered
202 Posts
remove your wife :D a person less will give U higher mpg too ;) only joking of course :)

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for your replies.. I may have to invest in some of those delightful fluffy seatbelt wrap thingies!Edited by: Lovemypoodle

·
Registered
583 Posts
Lovemypoodle said:
When the sun hits the windshield from directly above there is a really distracting reflection from the vents at the front of the dash.
I've seen them before, but I don't find them to be distracting.

You'll get this kind of reflections in cars of all makes and prices, I'm afraid.

·
Registered
27 Posts
My seat belt cuts into my neck too. Must play around with the back of the seat to see if I can sort it. It was hurting on the way home from work on Friday.

The dash does dazzle me sometimes if the sun catches it just right, but not often.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I found the reflections a problem too, tho' not often a problem this far North!
Polarised sunglasses get rid of such reflections a treat, and especially glare from wet and (rarely sunny) roads.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Yep. Noticed this was particularly bad yesterday and was bad enough to be a distraction. Didn't help that the screen was a bit on the dusty side and aggravated the problem.

·
Super Moderator
3,147 Posts
Train your poodle to sit round your shoulders ;-)

Actually we have two, bramble and cookie and they travel in the boot! (Min. Poodles, both black)

·
Registered
27 Posts
My Up! is yet to have any animals in... It's still full of cat hair though. The seat fabric on the Move Up! just attracts it. Note to self: light coloured Ragdoll cats and dark car interior =fail. Now to work on training the docile one up as a seatbelt buffer... *ponders* ;)

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
So very very happy to hear that others have found the same issue with the reflection, not feeling quite such a whinger now! Thanks eightbits, Pete053 and Dadog! Is there a dash cover for the UP! yet in the UK...hasn't made it's way to Aus yet sadly:(
Privatedoc my black toy poodle is very obedient but not sure she'd be quite that co-operative!! Let me know how you go with your pusscat twinklybee!!!

·
Registered
179 Posts
I haven't heard of a dash cover as yet. No doubt someone will get to grips with it as, for me anyway, it is a fairly serious reflection problem. Had cars with this before but never quite as bad as the Up! reckon it is to do with the exceptionally steep screen rake. I might try laying some matt black material over the bulkhead/dash and see what happens. Wouldn't want to stick anything down and find it makes no difference!!

1 - 20 of 30 Posts