Up Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
727 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
You new up owners surely know what I mean
You've stopped for a red light and notice the occupants of the car next to you are all staring. You're driving along the motorway in the slow lane when a car almost passes you only to slow down for a moment's glance before speeding off again. Pedestrians crossing the street in front of you nearly do a walk around instead of crossing to the other side. You return to the car park only to find strangers slowly walking around your up.I don't know what I like better, the way the up looks or the looks the up gets..!

·
Registered
304 Posts
Very true... 'what you looking at?' the double takes you get are quite funny. Is it only the white/ lighter colours that attract so much attention, Is the black more inconspicuous I wonder?

·
Registered
123 Posts
I've had a few... what the heck is that car looks.... I haven't seen another up! yet! :) The teenager and his friends who live next door to my parents was checking my car out at the weekend.... made me laugh!!!

·
Premium Member
1,118 Posts
Its normally supermarket car parks! I was stopped at a red light the other night sitting in traffic when a police car pulled up beside me. I had the sunroof open(Not tilt), music a bit loud. the policemen started looking over at DUG. the passenger(police car) ask me to open my window?????

They both ask what kind of car Dug Was cause they never had seen one before.

Turn out they were both into their veedubs.

·
Registered
677 Posts
I keep getting a few looks, I secretly enjoy it!! This old man walked past my car the other day, stopped, turned around and stared for ages at me, then he went right up to the VW badge on the front, turned then waled away haha. Another time I was standing talking to my mum next to my car, a bunch of school kids walked past and heard a couple of them say "CHECK OUT THOSE WHEELS!!! what kind of car is it? I dont know but those alloys are epic" I had a wee smile on my face!!

I'm so happy being back in a rare car, my wee bright green Smart fortwo use to get LOADS of looks, was a real conversation started!! I'm getting all those experiences back again with my wee Up!! :D

·
Registered
727 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I ordered mine without the "up!" badge on the back which adds to the curiosity of onlookers. All they can figure out from the outside is it's a "VW white"

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
I filled up in the local garage, and the attendant said "They're roomy aren't they?" and told me he'd seen a red one. They've become much more friendly now I have an Up.

A month ago a car overtook. The young woman passenger turned round and stared at my car. I think she wanted one!

·
Registered
76 Posts
I was on the motorway this morning and an Aldi lorry driver had a good look, then at the airport two guys were nudging each other and having a good stare!!

·
Registered
172 Posts
Maybe they were checking you out

·
Premium Member
1,179 Posts
i cant wait until i get my up and get lots of people looking at my lovely new car... its no secret that i like attention, unless its unwanted attantion, although I am very clear then too!

everyone at my work are really looking forward to seeing it too, I think my brother has secret intentions to modify it for me... might take me a while to let him touch it, although he has already bagsied a drive in it, to which I said only with me in the passenger seat! (I know how he drives!)

·
Registered
6 Posts
The only one I've seen is my own. Waiting for the day I see another.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Had our Up for a few days now, been to London a few times, all around our area and nothing.... then I think it was last Friday... 2 Red Ups in one day! one was a Red high or move up with rims and the other was a Red take up... The first chap looked as amazed as we were to see another Up on his route! :) still keeping our eyes peeled though!

·
Premium Member
1,179 Posts
cant wait until i dtive past another up owner in my up!

i think we should do like minis do and wave or "beep" at each other when we pass, as we are such a rarity at the moment!

·
Registered
727 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
willowaz said:
cant wait until i dtive past another up owner in my up!
While driving my up! through a small village along the Lake of Zug I saw an up! parked as I drove by. Unfortunitely nobody was in it, I so wanted to give them a thumbs up!

·
Premium Member
1,179 Posts
yep i shall definatly be waving/beeping/giving the thumbs up to any up!s i now pass now that I have mine... i actually passed one on the way to collecting mine!

·
Registered
44 Posts
I was sat in a car park with my window down when some random guy stuck his head IN and began asking me questions about my up! including its mpg. He told me his Passat did 43.....! Very odd but amusing!

·
Registered
77 Posts
I was stuck in traffic the other day outside a local hotel/pub and a group of people at an outside table started staring and pointing at my car, then just as I pulled away, another up! white drove past me! It's the first one I've seen locally apart from mine.

Glad I didn't go for the Fiat 500 - common as muck now!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts