Up Owners Club banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone got a black up that they have ordered after 8th March 2012I am going to start getting stroppy

I ordered mine 8th march and not built yet

If anyone has one that was ordered after this date please let me know

if anyone has ordered one before that date do they have a build week???

sorry getting hacked off now!!

·
Registered
421 Posts
Yeah you should be hacked off I ordered mine at the end of April and I have a build date of week commencing 4 June.

Although I'm not having the same car you shouldn't be waiting nearly 3 months for a build date

Kicking off may be the answer

·
Registered
46 Posts
Hi I ordered a Black Up! I think it was the 3rd March, on the order it said ETA was 29/6. However I was eventually told Build Week 18 and it was actually ready for pick up last Saturday. Defintely worth the excruiating wait! I cant see yours being too much longer!

·
Registered
213 Posts
I ordered a Take up in black on 23 march it had a build week of 17 and it arrived at the dealers 17 may im picking her up next week

·
Registered
39 Posts
I ordered my up black on the 16<sup>th</sup> March, the
build week was 18 and the car should arrive at the dealership early next week.

Edited by: CDL

·
Registered
212 Posts
Ordered mine week 16 with build week 21. The dealer has even given me a build day and I get weekly updates via text.

I've been told that each dealership has it's own allocation of build slots so that maybe the reason for the variation across the members for their waits i.e. one place might have one slot a fortnight where another might have five a week. Not sure how true that is but I guess it'd make sense for a car where they can't build it fast enough to cope with demand so each dealership gets a share of cars based maybe on previous sales. Otherwise a canny dealer might have ordered hundreds based on predicted demand and be the only place in the UK to have any for sale.

For anyone not having ordered yet it may be worth checking with other dealerships if you aren't happy with a quoted wait.

I'd certainly be having a word with them about it though. Seems a bit harsh that you're having to wait so long.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts