Up Owners Club banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My up! is my first car for over 10 years so this might be standard now...

I noticed that when I had the hazard warning lights on and then used the indicators the hazards stopped and just the turn lights were flashing. Once I cancelled the indicators the hazards were back.

I was quite impressed, but is this common nowadays? (As you can tell, I'm easily impressed
)

·
Registered
448 Posts
Never tried that...I'll go and see.

Yes, Mine is the same as yours.

Go well.

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
Haha all my vws have had that! (From 04 on)

Also when I crashed one the hazards came on automatically! When I say crash I did a propper job lol not just a bumpEdited by: Itzben

·
Registered
448 Posts
Ok...did not realise it was a VW norm.Now I am probably being thick.....but why do they do this? I believe it is illegal to drive with your Hazard lights on ..so if you were stationary..with Hazards on..then indicated to move out...hazards come back on.You still have to turn them off...and then while you are on the move.Puzzled

Go well.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes, I know it's nearly a year since I originally posted, but I was working my way back through the Technical Forum (I'm looking for advice on piggybacking the power for my dash cam onto the power socket so that it doesn't tie it up 24/7 - I want the wires hidden rather than using a two socket adaptor) when I noticed that there had been some replies to my post!

Anyway, I should just point out that I was driving through a public park to make a delivery. These parks generally like vehicles to drive under 5mph and to have their hazards on so that pedestrians don't throw themselves under your wheels! (I usually deliver to the park in a milk float at 3.00am, so I don't bother with hazards or speed limits.)

·
Super Moderator
1,051 Posts
Surely it overrides the hazards so that if you are being towed and have your hazards on, you can still indicate to warn other road users that you are turning off?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts