Up Owners Club banner

headlights and motorway

2K views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  Rednaxela 
#1 ·
2 weeks ago i was on my way back from preston while driving on the motorway. I couldn't see more then one car length when having the headlights on and also could Bearley see the road marking. I dont believe the bulbs are bright enough for evening motorway driving. I just want to know if this is the same for other people who are driving the mii up and citigo.

#3 ·
faisal789 said:
I couldn't see more then one car length when having the headlights on and also could Bearley see the road marking.

You'll find the headlight adjustment behind the steering wheel on the dash:

#6 ·
I got my headlights tweaked by an independent garage (and which they did for free as it took less than five minutes - I highly recommend the The Plough Garage in Pontesbury, Shropshire), as my dealer wasn't interested in sorting it out for me. A minor height adjustment using a screwdriver and the MOT chart was all that was required. The difference was very encouraging and I feel much safer at night.

By the way, I did have the Osram Nightbreakers fitted,, but until the headlight angle was adjusted, they were as bad as before. Get the headlight adjusted first, then if you still need more light, consider upgrading the bulbs. Bright bulbs pointing in the wrong direction aren't going to help you.

Nick

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.