Up Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Super Moderator
3,147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just noticed the VW website and configurator are both offline for updates....is it the Model Year 15 changes, ....we shall see..........DAB standard? New Headlining? UP! GT .....maybe not the last one but who knows ....perhaps even some different colours.

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
Hi Privatedoc,

the MY15 changes have been published about 2 months ago ...
Most of them have already been added to the UK website.
Only the images (black roof lining) haven't been updated yet ...

The table in German says that both sports packs (triangle and polygon) have black roof lining. I think, this will be the same in the UK (UK website only stated black roof for triangle so far).

There will be no other colours and no GT (yet) ...

The UK website had already been updated and showed DAB as standard in the UK for MY15 up!s (at least for the high up!).

The German 2015 updates:
- All models: 65% tinted rear windows available as option
- Cross up!: "Black Style" design package
- high up!: Sports pack Polygon & Triangle with black roof lining (triangle sp also for move up!)
- All models: Tyre control system as standard
- All models: Nokia 515instead of Nokia 300

The trye control system will surely be standard in the UK, too.
Sports Packs have been updated for the UK.
Maybe the 65% tinted windows will not be available in the UK?

·
Super Moderator
3,147 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Cadfael.......just checked and DAB is indeed a no-cost option on all models for UK......don't forget to tick that box folks!

No new colours, NO GT

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
Why is DAB optional if as everyone says within three years all of our radios will be useless ?

·
Super Moderator
3,147 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I thought FM got a stay of execution in UK til 2022????

·
Registered
72 Posts
I wonder will there be a MY 15.5 to counteract the Twingo.
It will need to have steering wheel controls, usb port input, bluetooth as standard and dual window switches on the drivers door to remain competitive or at least stop the Twingo from establishing itself.
All the competitors have recognised that these are expected standard features.

I had a new Mii base model car and it appeared to have tyre pressure monitoring and the 75bhp engine as standard.

|If they want to keep that factory working at capacity some judicious low cost up-speccing should help and also prevent the i10 and Twingo grabbing a hold of the market.

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
For me economy and reliability are far more important than so called minimum requirement features. I have had high spec cars and found most of the time I never used the "can't live without" features. I wouldn't buy a twingo or i10 regardless of how highly specified they were. Edited by: Beevee

·
Registered
72 Posts
Well I do. I want my dual clutch box, autolights, autowipers, connectivity, climate control, keyless entry, hill assist, reverse sensors, cruise control and auto-dimming rear and it is the biggest obstacle I am finding in trading down from a full size car to any of the citycars that are out there at the moment. I'm in car hunting mode at the moment as I need to place an order in the next few months.

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
You can have most of those things. Surely it's no hardship to switch your lights or wipers on and press a button to open your door. You can have hill assist, air con, cruise control, parking sensors, coming home lights, turning lights, auto locking, heated seats, electric heated mirrors, hands free phone and many other features. Not forgetting cheap or free road tax and 50/60 MPG. Edited by: Beevee

·
Registered
72 Posts
These options come as part of extra-cost packs on small cars. they come standard on some trim levels on larger cars.
I drive through a few tunnels and it is handy not only for the lights to switch on/off but also wipers to switch on/off as you enter or leave the tunnels. Keyless entry is the extra I'd miss most though.

I'm not going to buy a base model city car and I'm not going to throw thousands of euro at a higher spec city car which has had it's specification levels carefully tweaked to force me to buy option packs which bring the purchase price up to nearly the same as cars from a few classes higher.

·
Registered
3 Posts
@proud_darcy

The Toyota iQ+ may be just what you are looking for.
It has all the features you specified plus the options of a 4 cyl 1.33l motor and a decent automatic transmission. Unfortunately, Toyota pulled it from the European market in April.
You may be able to find a good deal.

Black groove up! 75hp ASG

·
Registered
31 Posts
proud_darcy said:
Well I do. I want my dual clutch box, autolights, autowipers, connectivity, climate control, keyless entry, hill assist, reverse sensors, cruise control and auto-dimming rear and it is the biggest obstacle I am finding in trading down from a full size car to any of the citycars that are out there at the moment. I'm in car hunting mode at the moment as I need to place an order in the next few months.
Don't forget the most important: a light in the boot.

Edited by: smargh

·
Registered
72 Posts
cr-up said:
@proud_darcy

The Toyota iQ+ may be just what you are looking for.
It has all the features you specified plus the options of a 4 cyl 1.33l motor and a decent automatic transmission. Unfortunately, Toyota pulled it from the European market in April.
You may be able to find a good deal.

Black groove up! 75hp ASG
#except it looks like a disability scooter which even those with a disability shouldn't have to endure.

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
proud_darcy said:
I wonder will there be a MY 15.5 to counteract the Twingo ...
There already was the 14.9 (with push down gear lever) - which I have (production April/May 14).
So, there will surely be a 15.1, 15.2 ... 15.5 ...

One thing I hated about my old Lupo were the "cheap looking seats".
The reason why I chose the high up! with Salsa seats (or would have chosen a move up! with leatherette seats).

I had a look at the Twingo after your post ...
Sorry, but that's a "no-go" ... cheap looking seats, strange looking instruments (in the middle) and an entertainment center you have to look deep down while driving. You can argue if you like the metal dash; that's a matter of taste. I liked the plastic dash of my Lupo, too!

I wouldn't have thought a second about buying a Twingo.
Toyota has an excellent reputation in Germany and I like their small cars. The 14.9 high up! fulfilled nearly all my whishes. The only things I am missing are more storage places in the front, a dislay with "100 meters" (XXXXX.1 etc) because we often have 300m speed limits and an oil temperature meter (or an always active display).

I have one of the last 14ers and I do not regret that I don't have 15er. All up!dates were not desirable for me.

·
Registered
72 Posts
I've had a renault for 3.5 years and it has been faultless. That twingo is getting a DSG box from Gertrag and in the Smart ForFour built on the same platform there will be a 110bhp Brabus version.
With a fully flat load floor that extends to 2.5 metres it is doing an awful lot of things right and doesn't appear to have as many compromises made as the UP! with the exception of the pop-out rear windows.
I've take an UP! ASG for a test drive. I'll be taking one of these for a test drive when it becomes available.

BTW I drove both RHD and LHD UP!/Mii and the RHD car really needs a footrest.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Although I've owned vehicles with standard items, of which my 2013 model year High Up lacks (chiefly auto headlights and illuminated one-touch electric window switchgear), I believe that one of the most important things that VW could do would be to address the lack of insulation from engine and road noise.

I'm disappointed that VW opted not to fit the model, that I currently own, with insulation to the rear wheel arches or to the reverse of the bonnet, in order to reduce the amount of noise entering the cabin of a car which otherwise exceeds in all other departments.

Consequently, as a lack of such insulation, I've grown tired of the level of noise that enters the cabin.

After eight months of ownership, I'm now giving serious consideration to the thought of upgrading to the new Polo, which, according to car-critics, enjoys the hushed silence that one experiences whilst in a BMW 3-series.

Moreover, I'm also inclined to believe the critics, particularly since I've been a passenger in the outgoing VW Polo, belonging to a colleague, where I was pleasantly surprised at how well insulated the cabin appeared from exterior noise.

Edited by: Miserable Git

·
Super Moderator
3,147 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Have to admit the new polo gets a lot of things right!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts