Up Owners Club banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As I’ve seen in the comments a lot of people have a lot of problems with their heat shields. I’ve had mine tightened back up again numerous times and eventually it’s got to the point where it’s unfixable. A guy at the garage has ripped it out and said that I can use my car as normal without it. My car is a 2012 plate and well looked after. I’m just panicking in case I do need it as when I’ve looked online it says it could possibly cause fires etc and protects your exhaust. Does anyone else not have theirs on?

·
Registered
52 Posts
Car makers are very penny pinching, so if the heat shield was not deemed necessary, they'd've deleted it from the production process.... Lack of it may blister some paint, or ruin some plastic or rubber parts within quite a few inches. I'd put one back on for peace of mind....

·
Registered
384 Posts
+1, VW thought long and hard about NOT FITTING it, but decided they needed too, so you do as well

Unfortunately your mechanic had run out of options, so told you what he thought you wanted to hear, much better than saying (as your mechanic) ''I can't fix it''

·
Registered
692 Posts
Dealer only I'm afraid, or a good one from a breakers.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts