Up Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
553 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How are the heated mirrors supposed to work?

Should they clear mist on a damp morning?

·
Registered
525 Posts
I had heated mirrors on my Focus and they did just that. It took about 5 minutes. It's one of the only things I miss in the up, that and the heated front windscreen!

·
Registered
532 Posts
yapmaul said:
I had heated mirrors on my Focus and they did just that. It took about 5 minutes. It's one of the only things I miss in the up, that and the heated front windscreen!

We had a fester with the wires running across the windscreen. I hated them. Should be banned. Baaa, humbug.

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
In my beetle you had to move the switch to the heated window symbol on the mirror switch

·
Registered
705 Posts
Does the heated rear screen button also need to be on before the mirrors, once the switch has been moved around, will start clearing the condensation?

Nick

·
Premium Member
1,118 Posts
No need to have heated rear screen on to demist the mirrors, just turn the dial around for heated mirrors.

·
Registered
705 Posts
So, separate circuits for the rear screen and the mirrors. Not like my old Fiat Tipo, or the StreetKa. Though the latter did have a heated windscreen that I grew to like.

Nick

·
Registered
619 Posts
My dealer said you had to activate the dashboard demister switch AND have the mirror switch on the demist setting for the mirrors to clear i.e. you could demist the rear screen and mirrors, or just the rear screen - you could not demist the mirrors alone.

I can't say I've had occasion to demist the rear screen or mirrors yet, so don't know if what I was told is correct. The mirror switch has been set to demist since I got the car from the dealer (four months ago).

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hi i had the winter pack fitted to my up which includes heated mirrors. The rear screen button is a seperate function so forget that for the mirrors!

On the electric mirror adjustment switch on the drivers door, turn the dial so it points forward towards the front of the car. This is the only way to heat the mirrors if the option is fitted to your car. i have used them on the cold mornings we have had so far and they work fairly quickly.....no grumbles here!

·
Registered
705 Posts
Yes, they do work well. The rear screen seems to take an age to clear, and I will miss the Ford heated windscreen (and it's about the only thing that was good with the StreetKa).

Nick

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello !

I am the owner of a 2012 "White Up" for 3 months now, and this car is also equiped with this electrical side mirror heating.
I can see no background lightning in the mirror control knob and the switches for the electrical windows.
Please tell me if this is "normal", or should the electrical switches and knob also be lighted up like the rest of the interiour controls ?

Regards

Johan B.

·
Registered
77 Posts
My UK 2013 High up! doesn't have lighted indicators for the heated mirrors or electric windows.

One just gets used to operating the mirrors by "feel"!

·
Registered
71 Posts
In my case I had the embarrassment of reporting to my dealer that the heated mirrors didn't work only to have him patiently explain that they don't work automatically with the heated rear window but require to be switched on with that ultra discrete toggle switch....

·
Registered
125 Posts
Hi . I would also like to know if there is a timer on the mirror heaters .they do not seem to say anything about it in the instruction book. Mike.

·
Registered
540 Posts
My heated mirrors clear any mist/condensation etc within about 1 minute of me turning them on. Really good the past couple of days.

As far as I'm aware there is no timer - you just turn the switch on and then turn it off. There also isn't any backlight to the mirror or window switches (which is rather annoying at night/early morning).

Edited by: Fidel_Castronaut

·
Registered
41 Posts
I must admit I had to dig the manual out to even notice that the heated mirror was on the mirror adjustment. Is that a VW thing?

·
Registered
568 Posts
Yep; same on the Golf. Turn the mirror adjustment to the 12 o'clock position...

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
Yep... It's very useful...

·
Registered
242 Posts
Used mine the last few days. Haven't really noticed any difference. I guess maybe the mist disappears a bit nothing much to report otherwise.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts