Up Owners Club banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have noticed that when my heated seats are on level 2, they switch down to level 1 after a certain length of time, I estimate around 15 minutes - anyone elses do this, or know if this is this a design feature to stop overheating or something?

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
Yes. Standard operating procedure.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Cheers guys, any idea what was the cause of that feature? My other cars with heated seats could be left on max all day long if you wanted (which I often do)Edited by: Ed!

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
Don't know for sure my BMW was the same. Perhaps it's quite a drain on the battery. I'm glad it does so my bum doesn't burn ha ha.

Reactions: Stevie The Fixer

·
Registered
203 Posts
Just as a matter of interest, does anyone know how much power the heated seats draw - as in booth backrest and seat itself ? I can't find any info - same with the aircon: I am wondering how much that draws when in heating or cooling mode (or indeed the automatic windscreen heat, mirror heaters or any of the other weird modern tech.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Yes my wife loves them and has the standard female 'always cold' syndrome so hers gets activated on all but roaringly hot days!
I used to work on an airfield outdoors in all weather so I have a good built in back and RS heater. I actually tried my seat last week on a cold day but switched it off after 20 seconds - I don't find even that much heat comfortable so I am an unusual case.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts