Up Owners Club banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello 馃憢馃徏
I have 2014 Take Up! On Thursday after not driving for 10 days due to the wonderful Covid I noticed no air coming through the vents, nothing blowing at all, didn鈥檛 matter if it was speed 1 or 4. I took it to the garage and they cleaned the heater motor and he said it鈥檚 working intermittently, if it stops again bring it back and we will delve deeper. Today I鈥檝e been out and about, stopping and starting the engine and it鈥檚 worked 50% of the time, if I start the car and it doesn鈥檛 work sometimes I can switch off and on again and it will work. But then I also noticed that when it doesn鈥檛 work my cigarette lighter also doesn鈥檛 work, so the fault must be linked somehow?
Anybody come across this before?
Thank you!

Registered
See this thread...

Registered
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
See this thread...

Brilliant thank you 馃榿

Registered
Just curious - is there any known way to disassemble and sort out the electrical part of the ignition switch?
It must just come down to a bad contact.
I imagine changing the whole switch assembly is not cheap - especially if it might involve new keys, remotes etc....

I think they design it this way to conserve battery power when starting, so that some ancillaries are de-powered, but it's not that smart. Easier to have had a separate relay, I reckon, or a few extra lines of BCM code, and keep the switch just to signal ignition with the key...

Registered
Just curious - is there any known way to disassemble and sort out the electrical part of the ignition switch?
It must just come down to a bad contact.
I imagine changing the whole switch assembly is not cheap - especially if it might involve new keys, remotes etc....

I think they design it this way to conserve battery power when starting, so that some ancillaries are de-powered, but it's not that smart. Easier to have had a separate relay, I reckon, or a few extra lines of BCM code, and keep the switch just to signal ignition with the key...
It's just the switch unit at the bottom of the lock barrel that needs replacing. No new keys or remote required. Instruction are on the attached thread.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts