Up Owners Club banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's been quite a while since I've been to these forums. Some of the oldies might remember my old posts and struggles with first getting a wrong equipped car and then the clicking clutch of my 2nd(!) Up. I eventually gave up on it after several repairs, returned it as not fit for purpose and got myself a 2 year old Scirocco.

That was last year and as the Rocco is coming closer to the end of its warranty, it just had a huge A/C warranty repair. Having now some experience of running costs+insurance, it left me thinking... I love the huge power, looks, DAB*wink wink* and quality of my current car but nothing at the end of the day could beat the financial advantage of the Up!. I was close to changing over to a DSG Scirocco but the costs would have gone pretty sky high.

So yesterday I went to the dealers and after a test drive ended up ordering a 5-door 75ps High Up! ASG with all the extra goodies on a 3 year PCP - after which I will then re-evaluate my take on going back to a Rocco. 5-door because that was not yet available in my original order a year ago and the fact that the front seats don't have memory which gets extremely irritating after a while. To think of it neither was the ASG box an option. The goodies now ordered includesports pack, sensor pack, panoramic sunroof and spare wheel on top of an already equipment heavy model. I would have opted for the Fender sound pack if that would not be a Groove Up only option (which cannot get ASG). The sound pack is really sufficient though, heck the speakers are better then in the Rocco!

Now as I already have experience with the Ups from before, I decided I will never go back to a manual Up due to the former issues (which ended up with Volkswagen admitting a design flaw in the actual clutch pedal) so I'm on a newish turf with an ASG here. There are mixed reviews of it but I didn't find it too bad on the test drive. Gives me also a lot less hassle in my daily driving of the not-so-great M27

I've always considered myself quite the car enthusiast - so I would say that me going back to an Up after a Scirocco tells quite much about the greatness of this little piece of engineering miracle and how happy the current owners should be.

I've been given an approx wait of 12 weeks, so let the wait begin again!

·
Registered
27 Posts
Hi. I took delivery of my 5 door High up! ASG in candy white last tuesday. Its been great so far. few little niggles but mainly down to dealer (no maps and more and alloy key wrong one for car) but all in allI love it andam sureyou will too! BTW, what colour you gone for. x

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ah right forgot to mention the color. The same as before, that is Deep Black Pearl. <3

The first Up that I ordered they forgot to put the whole Maps & More wiring into the car (no place for stalk), so trust me it could be worse for you!

Edited by: ZillUp

·
Registered
226 Posts
Third time lucky!
I hope you don't have any problems with this one as you did with the others.

I don't see too many black ones around here, but I do think they look good. Personally, I would always get a 5 door due to the extra practicality. Enjoy it when it (finally) turns up!

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
My car has gone to "In Transit" already!? That's interesting....

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well seems VW is really working hard/fast on these Ups. My car is at the dealer and being prepared for a handover tomorrow at noon

Rejoining the world of 3-cylinder miracles in less then 24 hours!

·
Registered
604 Posts
So happy for you, not too much of a wait

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
So now I have it! Will post some pictures soon in the gallery. My biggest hesitation was the ASG box but I can already tell that I will get along very well with it. Pleasantly surprised!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts