Up Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Super Moderator
3,147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ordered the up white yesterday...10 weeks or so til delivery....can't wait!

Nice forum and learned loads already...thanks!

·
Super Moderator
3,147 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hello, bought it for my eldest to learn to drive but I must say, I was so impressed on the test drive he will have to fight me for the keys when it arrives......dealer reckons around 9 weeks

It's an up! White and we added the spare wheel, sound pack, mudflats and am still slithering about the sensor pack...is it worth it....I'm not to bothered about the parking sensors but want a trip computer and cruise control........will the map thingy act as a trip computer too ?

Cheers

John

·
Premium Member
1,179 Posts
yes the maps and more acts as a trip ccomputer as far as i'm aware...

welcome by the way... another up! white, it seems the most popular choice on here, make sure you add your votes to the make/colour polls in the main forum :)

·
Super Moderator
3,147 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks willowaz...you just saved me £350!

·
Premium Member
1,179 Posts
dont quote me on that as i dont have mine yet, but as far as im aware it does... check with one of the guys who has one whether that definatly right or not...

ps. if your son is learning to drive in it, not being mean on him, but he needs to learn to park without the aid of sensors anyway!

·
Registered
329 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

M&M has lots of stats available in the trip computer - distance drive, fuel consumption, speed etc.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Hi John. I have an Up! White, too. The M&M does have a trip computer and more. However, I wouldrecommendgetting the parking sensor. Although the Up! is a small car, the inside mirror actuallymagnifiesdistances quite a bit, so everything seems closer to the back of the car than it really is which makes judging of distance difficult. I am getting a parking sensor dealer-fitted this week because of this. Also, if you have cruise control it would make motorway journeys more relaxed and probably you get more miles per gallon, too. Enjoy your new car when it arrives.

·
Premium Member
1,179 Posts
man88.... you use your inside mirror to park? surely you should physically look out the back not use the mirror?

·
Super Moderator
3,147 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Nah....rev sensors defo not needed on such a wee car, only point in sensor pack for me would be for cruise control and as I'm giving the up to my son as soon as he passes his test, not much point.....

·
Registered
40 Posts
Hi Willowaz, I tend to use the mirrors first (both the sides and insides) and then look out the back for final checks.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Privatedoc said:
Nah....rev sensors defo not needed on such a wee car, only point in sensor pack for me would be for cruise control and as I'm giving the up to my son as soon as he passes his test, not much point.....

I suppose you might as well save the money.
If you don't mind me asking, how much is your son's insurance by the way? I am planning to insure my daughter as a provisional driver.

·
Super Moderator
3,147 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
He is not 17 for a while yet but we live at the end of a long private road so haven't had to think too much about insurance...I did get a forward quote for a mini cooper for him (group12) of £2.4k ...ouch broker reckons around 850-1250 for an up when he 'goes solo'. I live in a fairly rural area.

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
I find this car incredibly easy to drive, and park. I park using the mirrors, and don't turn round. I've always done it like that. The light steering, small turning circle and large mirrors are helpful.

Privatedoc said:
Cripes. Lucky lad. Mind you, when I collected mine, the salesman was talking to a man and his daughter. The car was to be a present for her, and I think she was about 18. I suppose this is a good first car, as it has lots of safety measures, and it is nippy enough to be fun, but not so much as to be a danger to the inexperienced.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts