Up Owners Club banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone, just wanted to introduce myself. My new Candy White High Up! should be delivered to my dealership either tomorrow or Thursday, so a collection day is imminent now
hopefully before the end of next week!!

I've been reading all of your posts with interest....what a great little site!!

·
Registered
532 Posts
Hello, and welcome.

I've been on here for a while, car arrives this week.

·
Registered
587 Posts
Hello and welcome, only got my bobby base Take Up! yesterday, just waiting for a chance to drive it, as they wife drove it back from the dealers using my scooter until it goes on sat.

·
Premium Member
3,147 Posts
Hi there and welcome to the forum.....a white up in the black country.....nice part of the UK!

·
Registered
45 Posts
Welcome to our little cosy seccond home :p

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you for your welcome messages........and you're right, this is beginning to become my second home.
Never thought about that, but yes a white Up! in the Black Country, although I've seen a few around here already!!

·
Registered
397 Posts
Am about to order a VW High up! so I have just joind this Club. I have been a member of the Nissan Qashqai Members Club for 5 years but having done
only 23k miles in the vehicle and as it's approaching 4 years old I have
decided to go for a City car.
Have spent the past 7 days immersing myself in all the Motoring Press reports and have settled for the VW version as being the more preferable of the three marques. Very helpful VW Dealer altho having said that I had to go elsewhere to try the Auto version as he did not have one and he personally had never even driven one! Indeed, he asked me what I thought of it!
The savings on the running costs of the up! compared with the QQ (road
tax and fuel, mainly) will cover the hire of a bigger vehicle for the
couple of time a year when we do the occasional longer trips by road. When I
bought the QQ upon retirement (after 12 month's research), I never
guessed that we'd do our visit-the-grandchildren Chester run mostly by train - quicker
and cheaper as the 'Advance' fares for the two of us are half the fuel
cost!
Was very impresseed by the Demo's performance - and from a 3-cyl engine. the High up! has almost
every Qashqai TEKNA goodyI'm used to (SatNav AND set at high level; panoramic roof, heated
seats, etc, just missing the reverse camera, centre armrest and dual
control heating. And the up! will fit into our rather narrow garage which the
QQ just doesn't.
So, with delivery in 12 weeks, it's happy motoring until then in my wife's 13 year old Vauxhall Agila (no street cred, but she loves the high-up seating position and I have no problems with driving it either; it does all I ask of it - but I keep forgetting to cover up the pink "Powered by Fairy Dust" on the tailgate (only joking).
Looking forward to reading up on "up!" issues.

Edited by: PeterWestSussex

·
Registered
851 Posts
Lol......powered by fairy dust! That must suggest that you retired aged just six and a half. Congratulations - it's retirement at 68 for me
Edited by: AlanG

1 - 8 of 8 Posts