Up Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All,
First post here,

I ordered our Up! white saturday 14th April..... this will be the 19th car i'll have bought in 14 years of driving, still just as excited this time around... probably more so as it wont cost the earth to run either!

We were told around 14 weeks delivery, tempted to delay it as the new reg will be out a week later....

fingers crossed, just counting away the days now!

·
Registered
329 Posts
Welcome to the forum and congrats on a great choice of car. My up white has just been built and is waiting to get on a boat :)

·
Premium Member
1,179 Posts
welcome to the forum!

it might be a good idea if itll only be a week away for the 62 plate

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hmmm thats what im thinking, the prro salesmen at VW had already gone into meltdown due to my weeks of bartering, demanding and chasing up. when i finally placed the order he couldnt stop smiling, only to be confused further when i called to ask if it could be delayed if this was the case.

ah well im parting with my hard earned pennies so it needs to be on my terms!bb

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well they have confirmed build week 22, so looks like i should get the car middle to the end of june, thats not bad considering I only ordered it mid april.
Sooner the better as we still have no car... Would have liked to wait till the 62 plate,... BUT.... we dont intend on selling this car, if we buy another one it will simply be in addition to this one. Plus my missus will no doubt try and adorn it with a personal plate so who will know!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello
New to the group, had my Up! Around a month and do about 40 miles a day 6 imes a week! Topped up fuel tank twice in that time at a cost of £45, best car i have ever owned. Last car merc A class, absolute money pit..

·
Registered
956 Posts
Aggster said:
Hello
New to the group, had my Up! Around a month and do about 40 miles a day 6 imes a week! Topped up fuel tank twice in that time at a cost of £45, best car i have ever owned. Last car merc A class, absolute money pit..

Hi Aggster and welcome to the forum. I've got an old A class which I still love but I agree it's not the cheapest car to run.

Sounds like you're getting some serious mpg from your up! which is brill, can't wait to get mine.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Finally...
Pick up my Up! white tomorrow, cant wait... seems the ordering of the maps and more after the event is a regualr thing ? dealer said i'll get it in a week as they cant order the system until the cars been delivered to them ? no dramas....

looking forward..... be nice to not have to rely on my motorbike too, thats really not so good on the fuel.

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
Welcome Aggster and Billy670. I've had my up! black since Wednesday afternoon and apart from my micro card going missing
I have absolutely no complaints. Three very small niggles, no button to control passenger window on drivers side, no pop out rear windows (a la Lupo) and no foot rest (when not using the clutch).

Great to drive, engine makes a nice noise, it's a nice solid, good looking car

Enjoy your wait, it's worth it
Edited by: bugbabe34

·
Registered
956 Posts
Great news billy670, congratulations.

I got mine on Monday and am totally in love with it.

Strange thing about the M&M though. What you've said seems to be the norm but my salesman made sure mine was on order as soon as my car had shipped from Emden and he also said they keep a couple of spares at the dealership, just in case so mine was ready and waiting for me when I collected the car.

Anyway, enjoy collecting yours tomorrow and going for a lovely drive in it. Hope the weather stays reasonable for you

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
My dealer said 'i took a chance and ordered the M&M.'. So god knows what that meant, but it was there in plenty of time for me to pick up my car.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Hello and welcome, nice to hear about the fuel economy, I'm still waiting for my build date, hopefully soon...this forum keeps the mood buzzing... What spec have you got??

·
Registered
77 Posts
Welcome billy670 and Aggster!

Good choice on the up white! That's what I'm now driving and I adore it! Great fun to drive and so cute! I agree with bugbabe34's comments on the niggles re the lack of somewhere to rest your weary foot. My Polo had a footrest!

Hope you are both on the road as soon as possible!

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Picked "him" up yesterday....
Well chuffed, it was a 68 mile drive home so got a chance to get a feel of it. Really buzzy little engine! have to say if you change up when it asks you too im sure its economical but to use the full rev range is sooo much more fun! and its suprisingly nippy!

looking forward to getting the maps and more system....

See what you mean re lack of footrest,

Also... anyone tried out the hill start assist thingy.... very clever!

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
Glad you enjoyed your first drive.

What actually does the hill start little helper do? Stop the car rolling back somehow?

And do I assume I didn't get it? I picked up on Wednesday, so must of just missed out. I know there was talk of week number production, I know I was scheduled for week 21, but I don't actually know it wasn't built til the following week, as the dealer never actually confirmed that

1 - 20 of 59 Posts