Up Owners Club banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
540 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

Proud to say that I've just put my order in for my new up! ( high up! With sports pack, red, 3 door, manual).

Due to be delivered at the end of April, can't wait!

Anyway, about me:

From UK, 26, live with my fiancé in Birmingham, doing a PhD at the University of Brum.

If anyone else likes looking at pictures of new cars I will oblige as soon as its delivered! (Again, can't wait).

Edited by: Fidel_Castronaut

·
Registered
811 Posts
Welcome to the forum. You'll love your Up, it is a fantastic car.

Brilliant name by the way.

·
Registered
592 Posts
Ditto on your forum name - care to explain?

Cuban spaceman??

Edited by: Truth-seeker

·
Registered
540 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ha, cheers guys.

Honstly, no idea, just been using it on forums I've joined for years and it just kind of stuck (I'm not Cuban, or Hispanic, just an average white guy), heh.

·
Registered
592 Posts
OK - sorted that then - thanks.

·
Super Moderator
3,147 Posts
Welcome aboard! love the name!

·
Registered
540 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
n5tew said:
Is your dealer quoting end of April delivery for mid March order?
More likely to be May now that I've added some additional items like the sound pack onto the car. Original car was one that was already being shipped at a given date at the end of April, but with the extras it will need to be a new build, so looking at May.

Edited by: Fidel_Castronaut

·
Registered
448 Posts
Fidel_Castronaut said:
Hi all,

Proud to say that I've just put my order in for my new up! ( high up! With sports pack, red, 3 door, manual).

Due to be delivered at the end of April, can't wait!

Anyway, about me:

From UK, 26, live with my fiancé in Birmingham, doing a PhD at the University of Brum.

If anyone else likes looking at pictures of new cars I will oblige as soon as its delivered! (Again, can't wait).
Hi from me too.I,m sure you will love your Up. We collected ours on Monday and it is Great! I was at Uni, of Southampton for 36 years.....don,t ask.....I was a slow learner.

Go well.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Hi. Great to be part of this forum and have the opportunity to chat with other VW Up owners. I have a test drive on the High Up booked next Monday and can't wait.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Hi. I've quite literally just joined the forum and noticed that you e just ordered your
New up! Congratulations! I have a test drive booked on Monday and hope to book my very own High Up within a few weeks. What do you think the chances are of wrong the dealership to absorb the delivery costs?

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discounts seem a bit varied, but if you don't ask for anything else and haggle well, maybe? Can't wait to add pictures and opinions based on having actually driven my up! Can't wait!

·
Registered
540 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Supermegamonkee said:
Hey, welcome to the forum. Just spotted your 'spotted' post - will give you a wave on campus ;)
Ah cool sorry, just read this post! I'll wave when I see you drive by!

Awaiting an update from the dealer on delivery as my order number doesn't work (I assume this night be because I modified the order after ordering? Not sure). Looking at mid may hopefully, so around 8 week build potentially.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Congraulations on your purchase! Please get lots of pics on here ASAP.

I'm hoping to place my very own order in the next couple of weeks. I'm going with Tornado Red, grey salsa polka interior with red dash, sound pack, 16'' alloys, spoiler, service pack, mudguards, boot insert and spare wheel.
Do you mind me asking what price you got it for because I don't intend paying more that £11,721 for what adds up to £12,221. It's a tough and competitive market. That salesman had better have his negotiation head on.

·
Registered
540 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I paid £11,140.00 incl VAT for everything in my signature. Well, I will when I pick It up, just put the £250 deposit down for the order.

Don't be swayed by people saying you can't get anything thrown in, I got quite a lot, including mats, fuel, and the 3 years servicing. However, the margins on the up are obviously smaller for the dealer than bigger cars, so whereas you could probably get a few thousand off of a bora, reduce it by one 0 and that's probably what you should be aiming for.

But getting a high up with all the trimmings for 11k I thought was was pretty decent. As with anything, you don't ask and you don't get!

Others may say it pays to shop around as well and maybe look at different dealers to see what you can get. It's a wise decision but as the up! Is selling so well and are literally rolling off the production line, I don't think there'll be too much to play with, but who knows what deals you can get! Edited by: Fidel_Castronaut

1 - 19 of 19 Posts