Up Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
<span style="line-height: 1.4;">It is with great pleasure that I am part of this club! Although Brazilian, I am of German origin and have much affection for the Volkswagen brand! </span>
Just two weeks got my UP and am very happy with it. 
I hope to share with you all the knowledge I have about anything regarding the UP!. Best wishes to all!

Edited by: peter_bahr

·
Super Moderator
3,147 Posts
Love the body graphics.....welcome to the club....we seem to getting quite a few members from Brazil ....Bravo!

·
Registered
97 Posts
Hi Peter!

Glad you're enjoying your new car so much. I'm sure most of us are jealous of your wind-down/up rear windows which can clearly be seen in your photo!! We'd love to see more pictures because I believe you can also wind down the front passenger window electrically from the driver's seat.

I checked out the VW Brazil website but sadly I can't speak any Portuguese. However, I did come across this photo of the VW up! gear-lever knob which has an interesting gate. I wonder which gearbox they use for the Brazilian Volkswagen up! and why it's not the same as the European one.

Edited by: Robbyrook

·
Registered
172 Posts
are you the one who ,makes a forum order for elektric swithes if you get the part´s number

regards
RIX

·
Registered
88 Posts
Very nice looking black UP, would love to see pics with the rear window down to see just how far it does open becasue I'd assume they will only open about halfway. Would be great if we got this option in the UK.

Would love to see better pics of the indicators in the mirrors? I really wish the UPs had that as standard here. I wonder if the Polo mirrors could be retrofitted to the UP Mmmm

Edited by: zimbo

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Cadfael said:
Hello / Hallo Peter!

Greetings from Germany!
And welcome to the forum!

Very nicht Black up!
Is the Brazilian Black a "normal black" or a metalic black?

Hi Friend, is Normal Black.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Robbyrook said:
Hi Peter!

Glad you're enjoying your new car so much. I'm sure most of us are jealous of your wind-down/up rear windows which can clearly be seen in your photo!! We'd love to see more pictures because I believe you can also wind down the front passenger window electrically from the driver's seat.

I checked out the VW Brazil website but sadly I can't speak any Portuguese. However, I did come across this photo of the VW up! gear-lever knob which has an interesting gate. I wonder which gearbox they use for the Brazilian Volkswagen up! and why it's not the same as the European one.

Robbyrook Thanks for the kindness!
On the rear windows are manual unfortunately, does not exist in Brazil with electronic command!
About cambio, this button is just an decoration has no functionality!

·
Registered
171 Posts
Robbyrook said:

Bossphillip says that in his brand new British up!s, you have to press the gearstick down to engage reverse, unlike previous up!s ""“ I wonder whether reverse has also moved from bottom right to top left, and this photo is now the European (or at least British) one?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
RIX said:
are you the one who ,makes a forum order for elektric swithes if you get the part´s number

regards
RIX

Yes friend, was myself! I did a study on this information, but I'm not sure if they are applicable to the European VW UP!
Look in respective post.
My objective is to change everything for LEDs.

Very Thanks

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
RIX said:
are you the one who ,makes a forum order for  elektric swithes if you get the part´s number

regards
RIX
Hi RIx,
Yes, I am. Now I did a study on the lamps and published in the post!

·
Registered
171 Posts
+2/3 e said:
Bossphillip says that in his brand new British up!s, you have to press the gearstick down to engage reverse, unlike previous up!s ""“ I wonder whether reverse has also moved from bottom right to top left, and this photo is now the European (or at least British) one?
Cadfael's brand new German up! (coongratulations!) still has has it bottom right.

·
Super Moderator
3,147 Posts
Cup holder looks different too.....mine is a ring thingy that flips over to make a circle !

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
+2/3 e said:
Cadfael's brand new German up! (coongratulations!) still has has it bottom right.
Reverse will stay bottom right for all european up!s, Mii and Citigo ...
At least until May 2015 (Model 2016) ...

+2/3 e said:
Bossphillip says
that in his brand new British up!s, you have to press the gearstick
down to engage reverse, unlike previous up!s
As far as I know, this (press the gearstick
down to engage reverse) is standard since about production week 15/2014 (March / early April) for all euroean up!s, Mii and Citigo ...
My dealer did not know this end of May 2014 and I had to explain her when she explained the car to me ...

I have had "top left" for 30 years (VW Polo and Lupo) and haven't got used to the "bottom down" within two days. But the "press down" is a great help for me because there is no other way than "bottom down". I get "reminded by the gearstick" that it is different now. The "press down" has always been my my VWs ...

The "press down" needn't be mentioned in any brochure or website ...
The different "top left" means much more than just a leaflet for the buyer! It means changing brochures, website +++ ...
So, I think it won't come before the 2016 model ...

·
Registered
171 Posts
Cadfael said:
The "press down" needn't be mentioned in any brochure or website ...
The different "top left" means much more than just a leaflet for the buyer! It means changing brochures, website +++ ...
Good point! (You have your marketing hat on!)

·
Registered
77 Posts
Weird, but unless I'd sat down and thought about it carefully, I couldn't have told you where reverse was!

I drive (a milk float!) for a living, but I also drive/have driven 7½ tonners, Transits, 3-wheel floats (which have accelerator and brake reversed (for safety reasons)) and fork-lift trucks.

I think mostcompetentdrivers would just settle into their new/hire car's differences within an hour (including driving on the "wrong" side of the road when abroad (for some of us)).

Wipers/Indicators are the things most likely to catch me out...

1 - 20 of 21 Posts