Up Owners Club banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all!A new joiner to the forum, love this forum so many interesting posts and galleries! I've had my Candy white move up for a couple of months now I love it, I actually used it to pass my driving test, drove it three times before and used it for the test!

Wanted to ask if anybody has had this issue, a few days ago I came to my up and my aerial had been stolen
, it had been unscrewed not pulled off thankfully but still very annoying to think of someone stood there unscrewing and stealing it.

Went to my local VW garage who I got the up from they were great and understanding and got me another one straight away and only charged me trade price of £13.80. If it happens again I'm maybe going to get a black one of these:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Richbrook-Original-Anti-Theft-Aluminium-Beesting/dp/B002DV0XZQ/ref=sr_1_25?s=automotive&ie=UTF8&qid=1390779058&sr=1-25&keywords=anti+theft+aerial

Now has anybody had this happen to them and has anybody actually bought one of these and are they any good?

Thanks
JMC

·
Registered
448 Posts
I actually used it to pass my driving test, drove it three times before and used it for the test!

Oh... very well done and congratulations. Well done!!

Aerial question....I have no idea..but I would be inclined to stick with the original Spec to start with as VW have invested a lot of money and effort to get it right. Ok , many of us can, and will want to improve on this, many great topics here, as to how it was done!

Go well.

·
Super Moderator
3,147 Posts
stick with the original, stubby ones reduce the radio reception and its not brilliant to start with, longer ones make the car look like a radio control model !

and p.s. CONGRATULATIONS !!
Edited by: Privatedoc

·
Registered
44 Posts
mine actually came with a stubby one from the factory (like the polo one?)
I had one of the anti-theft rickbrook ones on my old vectra, they look really nice and are fixed using allen bolts not screwed on, which is a great idea, in principle....

providing your thief doesnt bring his own allen key, or doesnt rip the mount out of the roof discovering its tamper proof

·
Registered
333 Posts
Why not stick to the original aerial that VW designed for the car in question

1 - 7 of 7 Posts