Up Owners Club banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello!I have just ordered an up! and I'm very excited! The official launch of the Australian up! is on October 6, but after lurking around this forum for some months I couldn't wait until then to place my order.

Our model variants are rather limited to say the least, which is why I've decided to join and ask some questions. I've just ordered the equivalent of the UK Move up.

I wanted to add all of the 'special order options' whichbasically make the car the equivalent of the UKHighup.But unfortunatley it was estimated it would take4-5 months as no dealer in Australia has pre-ordered a car with those features. (I guess they don't want to sell them?). A dealer told me the cost of the car would rule it out for most buyers (I was quoted $22,000 AUD drive away, which is still very cheap for a VW and quite comparable to other small cars).

So.. seen as I've got three weeks up my sleeve I thought I'd come and ask some questions about modifications.. which I will do so in the Mods forum. If that fails, I'll be changing my order and wait the 5 months for the "high up"!

Christine

·
Registered
532 Posts
That's conviction, most impressed.

My car hasn't arrived yet. I hope it is as good as is suggested by most testers!

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
Hello and welcome, I hope all your questions are answered

·
Premium Member
3,147 Posts
welcome Mel...what is the wait like down under for delivery?

·
Registered
705 Posts
It must take a while for a ship to get from Emden to Oz. Or do they use another method of getting VWs to Australia?

Nick

·
Registered
217 Posts
Welcome Aussies! Have to love the WORLD WIDE web.
Now the wait beings, don't want to know the transport times to Australia!

·
Registered
20 Posts
thanks my friend.
I ordered mine on the 5th, it is due to arrive on mid november. on the 5th there were 5 up! at a local dealer ship, 4 with no options what so ever, 1 with confort package. There is 3 up! with all options coming mid November, Silver, Black and white which is mine!! so excited lol...

where are you located and what is the market price for a full option up there?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Ah! You're kidding! I'm in Brisbane - only standard no option cars coming here! I pick my standard one up on Tuesday.. But now I don't know..

I went for a test drive yesterday of a standard one and they're great!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
How did you get anything more than an "I don't know"! They are barely even selling them in Brisbane (as in no sales pitch and pressure) because they don't have any.

What dealer did you buy from?

·
Registered
20 Posts
I got mine from Barloworld Volkswagen in Glenwaverley Melbourne.

You can call them and speak to a lady called "Cathy", she sold me my white one. She has got 1 silver and 1 blak coming with full options.

Maybe you can buy and drive back as a road trip? Or truck up there, around $800.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts