Up Owners Club banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Drove my up for 28 hours straight from Melbourne, 2300km later we've finally reached Aryes Rock in NT.

Journey was very comfortable, speed averaged between 100-110kph, 3 people in the car and lots of luggage, 20L water and 20L reserve petrol. Averaged 5.3L/100km. Reserve petrol came in handy when the light came on telling me I had 50km left and the nearest petrol station was like 130km away!!!

Have a good day guys :)

·
Registered
811 Posts
That's very impressive, a place I would love to go. A bit of a trek from England though. Presumably you made it to the petrol station? It must have been pretty nerve wracking though. Any pictures?

·
Registered
53 Posts
Ah, the joys of outback driving! I may be taking mine to Victor Harbour in SA soon. I've a bet on with my mate that I can do it on one tank.....

·
Registered
63 Posts
What an awesome journey! I'm amazed that a crew of three and the required luggage could fit inside comfortably. I want to do aMelbournetoSydneyroad trip. Back roads only with no major highways allowed!

·
Registered
811 Posts
Very Jealous, I would absolutely love to do that. I have always wanted to drive over the Nullarbor plain. Maybe one day.....

·
Registered
957 Posts
That's a good test for your little UP! and it passed with flying colours by the sound of it.Edited by: Derkie54

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hey Guys, I would love to share some photos with you all, what I will do is start a Facebook page and outline the hour Wu with photos.. Cus I'm not sure how to upload photos in this forum.. Couldn't work it out lol...

But overall I loved it.. On my way back now, got 1019km to get home before work on Monday..

·
Registered
184 Posts
Welcome, love Australia, was there in 2007. Got engaged in Sydney, we went to Ayers Rock, walked round it, did the dinner under the stars. Loved the people, great attitude.

Glad you're loving your up.

Julian

·
Registered
44 Posts
Love it when the OP mentioned reserve water in the car :)Yep, I'm justjealous.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts