Up Owners Club banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

Just wanted to say hello to everyone! I just became the proud owner of this beaut pictured below. I think it's the second last 'new' (delivery miles only) Up! GTI left on the Belgian market.

Owning a 'warm' / 'hot' hatch is not a new thing for me, my second car was a 205 XS (a GTI was not a possibility for an 18 year old male in the early 00's!). I have also owned a car with (IMHO) one of the best sounding engines ever - a Z4M Coupe - so in an attempt to find something to match my previous cars (at least in some parts), to negotiate the Belgian car tax / emissions system, and the ridiculous road layouts in Brussels - all whilst having a bit of fun in each drive, it had to be the Up GTI!

This Up will also not be my first 3 cyl engine either (I had a Citroën C1 in the past), and despite being woefully under-powered, the C1 still made a pleasing hum. The Up GTI absolutely captures all the good noises from a 3 cyl engine, reminds me of the nimble 205's handling, and puts a smile on my face just as much as the Z4M did (when was I going to be able to use 343 bph on public roads anyway?)! That's good work VW!

·
Registered
605 Posts
Welcome aboard. A great choice and lovely looking example. Identical to mine, minus the extra rear doors. ?

A nice car history you have and well articulated, I can see you've enjoyed them all for what they are/were.

·
Registered
749 Posts
Welcome, nice choice, I also have a 5 - door, white / black. You'll not be disappointed !

·
Registered
68 Posts
Great choice of cars, I have a white 5 door, still makes me smile, I am about 8 months in and thought I'd be missing my old R, but still love my little up, the up GTI is what being a car enthusiast is all about for me, great fun and doesn't brake the bank to make your own, I have owned cars 3 times the value of the up but I've never loved one more, you've made a great choice and yours looks mint... enjoy

1 - 5 of 5 Posts