Up Owners Club banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not yet an up owner, but I expect to get the car in a couple of days. White up, 2 doors, asked to get mud flaps fitted because some local roads are a bit less than perfect. Dealer's demo car, appears to be well maintained and clean, drives nicely and feels comfortable, I've had absolutely no complaints.

I am curious if anyone is using a tire pressure monitoring system? Something like this: http://www.tyredog.com.au/store/5-wheel-wtpms/5-wheel-tyre-pressure-monitor-0-to-60-psi.html

BTW it's my first car - feel free to point out anything dumb I might say.

Edited by: Collas

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
Hey, Sounds good! your very lucky to have the up! as a first car, I've had 3 Vws (2 polos and a golf mk5) and my up! is the best yet! i got mud flaps front and rear ( I don't know why anybody would want just front or just rear) And in the recent weather they have kept my up! nice and clean, well still a little dirty but not like some that I have seen on my travels and they don't look out of place on the car either!

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yay! Got my up! I even managed not to hit anything or anyone while driving home.
Got a spare wheel too, I don't recall why I thought I wouldn't get it. No hill hold function though, but browsing older threads indicates that's ok (car built few months before it became standard).

And... a question. Do I have to turn blower speed regulator to 0 when getting out of the car? Or removing key from ignition turns it off so I don't have to do it manually? I've checked the manual and it's not clear on that, it only mentions that cooling doesn't work with engine off, but not whether the fans keep running...

Edited by: ptae2000e

·
Registered
145 Posts
Hey welcome to the club
whereaboutin Croatia are you from? I go there every year with my family to a place called Opatija near Rijeka and I'm thinking of driving there next from the U.K
about the blowers I usually forget turn them off when I leave the car but once you take the key out of the ignition it stops everything, notice how the blowers only work when the key is turned hope that helps, also the up! is my first caras well and its amazingespecially nipping around town and on fuel :)

·
Registered
532 Posts
What I find excellent is the radio control. If you turn the radio on when ignition off the radio stays on after you have started the engine and turned the ignition off. The radio only goes off when you take the key out.

This means that if you park up with the radio on an decide to lower the windows, then you can without turning the radio off after adjusting the windows.

I know this is a small thing, vbut it's really good.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
@carpy: Thanks for the advice! I'm from a muddy
village near Zagreb, the capitol. The coast, where you are going, is much more interesting - most people here go there on vacation. You may also like to visit Plitvice lakes, it's sort of like Middle Earth from LOTR, woods, lakes, hills, waterfalls...

It's a bit long drive from UK, but should be a really nice adventure
I'm thinking, maybe VW would be willing to cover fuel costs and insurance if you make lots/some videos and photos, with up! visible at a variety of places, and give them to use as promotional material?

@ducatikid: I haven't yet read the manual for the radio, but it seems to have everything... I've figured out I can play Pink Floyd on my mobile phone then over bluetooth hear it on the speakers - much more comfortable than expected, I thought I'd have to plug and unplug cables each time. I'll probably get some small subwoofer, I've seen that there are some flat ones that go under seats.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts