Up Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, first member from Denmark surely :)

Anyway, I have ordered a white, 5 door move up! For the wife only 3 weeks ago. Delivery expected to be early june.
Extras ordered : navigation, Bluetooth, sound system, heated seats and mirrors, foglights and of course - airconditioning.

Really excited to see how it will substitute our vw lupo 3l we enjoyed so much over the last 3 years.
Cant wait obviously :)

·
Registered
215 Posts
Hello Peter , great choice :D
im waiting too ,
think lots of us are all getting a little crazy waiting but sure it will be worth the wait :D

·
Premium Member
1,179 Posts
welcome peter!

do you guys have the choice of 5 door already? we in the uk can only have 3 door at the moment....
great choice tho :)

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I believe so. I actually told my mother in law to buy a Aygo a year ago, not knowing just how much better a car the Up! Would turn out to be.
I feel bad now telling her we decided to go for a different car than what I recommended her not long ago :)

·
Premium Member
1,179 Posts
ah ok, as far as im aware we wont have it available over here until november time i think i read

·
Registered
553 Posts
Hello Peter.

Not the first member from Denmark but just as welcome

Not sure but I don't think the Lupo 3l was widely available over here so a few people may not know what it is!

I do know that some over here thought it was a 3 litre Lupo

·
Registered
432 Posts
Welcome, Peter

That Lupo must have been amazing. I believe they had a 1.2 three-cylinder TDi engine, fuel consumption of three litres per 100 km (=90 mpg!)
Anyway, the Up is a lovely car too. Let us know how you get on with it.

·
294 Posts
I just had to look the 3L up on Wikipedia - I very nearly thought you had a 3 litre engine in a Lupo!

·
Registered
16 Posts

Welcome Peter,
Wow a Lupo3l i tried to buy one here in the UK but as VAG Uk could not get a special rate for Vehicle tax,
and it was hinted that it was going to be £12k VAG UK wouldnt import also the cost of adapting to RHD.

Did you have any corrosion issues to the tailgate or road wheels.

Waiting for a Up Black 3dr for my wife, due May
Have driven triples Daihatsu and Daewoo for 300k but really excited by the UP such a smooth drive train and engine.

Welcome again, and safe motoring for you and your family, when your Car turns arrives.

Lessismoremike

Future'sbright move Up!

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Lessismoremike said:

Welcome Peter,
Wow a Lupo3l i tried to buy one here in the UK but as VAG Uk could not get a special rate for Vehicle tax,
and it was hinted that it was going to be £12k VAG UK wouldnt import also the cost of adapting to RHD.

Did you have any corrosion issues to the tailgate or road wheels.

Waiting for a Up Black 3dr for my wife, due May
Have driven triples Daihatsu and Daewoo for 300k but really excited by the UP such a smooth drive train and engine.

Welcome again, and safe motoring for you and your family, when your Car turns arrives.

Lessismoremike

Future'sbright move Up!
Yes the 3L really was a brilliant car. In regards to corrosion issues, yes, I did see some on the tailgate, but the wheels never was a problem.

·
Registered
956 Posts
Hi Peter and welcome.

That sounds like a really great choice you've made there. I wish the 5 door version was already available here in the UK as that's what I would have chosen. I don't mind too much though because I know I'm going to love mine when it finally arrives.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Welcome along Peter!

So after the Lupo 3L then you'll be one of the few to use MORE fuel in the Up! hehehe

The 5-door version is not available yet in Poland either. But personally I prefer the look of the 3-door anyway

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Ozmosis said:
Welcome along Peter!

So after the Lupo 3L then you'll be one of the few to use MORE fuel in the Up! hehehe

The 5-door version is not available yet in Poland either. But personally I prefer the look of the 3-door anyway

Correct, I will use plenty more fuel than what I was used to with the 3L - but I am also hoping for much more stability in the Up over the forthcoming years. The 3L was reliable, but with almost 300.000km on the clock and 10 years on it, I have to admit I started to worry a bit.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
techwork said:
Hi Peter - what made you decide to upgrade the spec of a Move up! and not just get a High up! or up! White?
Over here we basically only have 3 options. Take Up - Move Up - High Up. No chance of ordering white Up or black Up.
It is a bit more complicated than that, but in short, getting high Up would cost me a considerable amount extra and only get me the luxury of leather steering wheel and gear shift knob. plus the OPTION to buy 16" wheels and cruise control etc etc.
The Move Up, in my opinion, is the best compromise, everything considered. (Keep in mind due to tax regulations in Denmark, the model range is smaller.)

1 - 20 of 21 Posts