Up Owners Club banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone

I have been looking at this website the past few days and thought I better join :)

I too am one of the many that have ordered a VW UP, which I should take delivery of in week 15 (mid april)

I spend a little while every week reading about the UP to help me cope with the wait :)

I can see the standard specs on the UK version are alot different to the danish version.

The Danish version for example has the city brake safety feature as standard on ALL versions of the UP...

And that we only have the BMT versions ...

It is the most sold and talked about car here in Denmark, just last month (feb) they sold 941 units...

the price here in Denmark is almost identical for each model compared with the UK, but we do get a little more for the money as standard.
Something which is very rare considering the taxes we have on cars and car parts(182% tax on the price of not so enviro friendly cars), thankfully the price of the economical cars have fallen due to the government lowering the tax on them.

We do however pay a little more for the extras which is because of the tax...

.---------
Anyways this is what I have ordered.

VW UP Move Up 1.0 60bhp - 3 door
Color: Night Blue metallic

DK Pakke (a special package for the danish market) which includes the following: + more maps and in car computer - heated seats and mirrors, front fog lights...

Alloys for the summer tyres (The name of the wheel type here is called Aspen)
and steel rims for my winter tyres...

I have also ordered door trim edging to help protect it a little more :)

And extended warranty

A total of just under 124000DKK (about £14000)

Edited by: Lee in Denmark

·
Registered
811 Posts
That sounds like a nice spec, you'll definitely find it well worth the wait.

·
Registered
62 Posts
That is definitely cheap for Denmark. You and the Norwegians have the highest tax on cars in Europe. Congrats on your new car.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Raj55 said:
That is definitely cheap for Denmark. You and the Norwegians have the highest tax on cars in Europe. Congrats on your new car.

Yeah cars are taxed to high heaven here, no wonder we have the old cars on the road polluting.

My UP will be replacing an 1988 Opel Kadett (aka. Astra) - Still plenty of cars like this on the road and its all down to the expense of new cars.
The government wants CO2 levels to fall by 2020, but if they don't give a little they won't meet their targets...

Although it is slowly getting better with cars like the UP, Aygo etc becoming very cheap, the used market is however suffering.

Edited by: Lee in Denmark

1 - 5 of 5 Posts