Up Owners Club banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello from Devon, I'm Sam from the <strike>sunny</strike>English Riviera!

I'm a very big VW fan, and also work for them as a graduate engineer! I've had over 30 different vw's in the last 5 years, aircooled and watercooled, we've currently got an Audi A1 S-Line in white and we were after a second car; i almost bought a Range Rover Sport!!

Decided to follow my roots and wanted something a little different, i've currently got an order in place for a 5 door Up! white fully loaded ( with a few extra things added at the factory ; benefits of being an employee
)

However i've had my ear to the ground about the Up! GT and give me anohter month and i may have some news on the 2013 arrival

So watch this space for a very special Up!

Sam

·
Super Moderator
3,147 Posts
Sam, I'm your man...I'm by feb/march my up will be in the possession of my eldest son (assuming he passes his test) so will need to buy myself something.....The UP! GT seems to be the one going by leaked prototype details so far so ANY info you have will be great fully received ......as for the RRsport...great cars but so so so expensive to run...been there done that got the overdraft!

·
Registered
619 Posts
Hi Sam, welcome to the forum. There are a lot of members here who are eagerly awaiting news of the Up GT. I think there will be a big waiting list for the car when it is launched next year. Anyway, enjoy your own car when it arrives and it would be good to see some pictures of a five door Up in the wild.

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
Welcome :)

·
Premium Member
1,179 Posts
Hi Sam and welcome to the forum!

very good to know you can give us the occasional snippet of insider info!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I can see the up GT selling very very well! It does have some rather large shoes to fill left over from the Lupo GTi which was just fantastic!

So yes, i shall be receiving an UP! white, fully loaded, but as i've said it's coming out of the factory/showroom with a few little ... 'tweeks'

let's just say that my car will most probably keep up with and out accelerate the up gt when it arrives

I do like the fact that there are a real mixture of users on this forum, from what are clearly drivers who appreciate there cars as standard all the way through to keen modders, and everyone in between;

we must try and make sure that next year ( when the sun comes back ) we attend the show's in full force as a club and will be guaranteed to turn heads..

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
And of course everyone; as soon as i hear , i will let you all know on any developments....

as long as they are not too hush hush !! lol

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
** also admin, any chance of having my group status changed from 'newbie' ?? seeing as i work for VAG ??

·
Premium Member
1,179 Posts
S3N VW said:
** also admin, any chance of having my group status changed from 'newbie' ?? seeing as i work for VAG ??
Ive only just become a mod, so will have to check with Dan who started the forum for this one...

as far as all of us going to one show in force.... sounds like a very good plan if we can arrange it. it has been talked about, would have to be somewhere kinda central.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Bristol Volksfest June 2013, central location, great event, and a lot more club members will have joined/ picked uptheirups by then also!
Edited by: Collas

·
Super Moderator
3,147 Posts
Bristol...Central??????????? back to school for me then, !

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Bristol's a smashing central location for VW enthusiasts!!
especially as Bristol has such a big VW scene and obv. the south west does aswell!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
No the biggest VWfollowingin kettering tho.. also a bit of a hard place to get to :/

Malvern county ground is the best location for the uk shows but it's mainly aircooled and bus events, Bristol volksfest is by far the most diverse show they don't have any snobbery there over waterpumpers or aircooled unlike many many other shows

Edited by: Collas

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
North London... That's my vote! :)

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
I've been to many good shows over the years and never encountered any snobbery, whether we were in air or water cooled. Bug Jam, Big Bang, Stamford Hall, to name but a few 'local' shows with huge attendance.

Getting everyone together will never be an easy task, you will never please everyone. But for the sake of all members, somewhere central is key. I personally don't mind driving a certain distance.

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
S3N VW said:
No the biggest VW following in kettering tho.. also a bit of a hard place to get to :/ 

Malvern county ground is the best location for the uk shows but it's mainly aircooled and bus events, Bristol volksfest is by far the most diverse show they don't have any snobbery there over waterpumpers or aircooled unlike many many other shows 
I wasn't proposing a meet in Kettering. But just for the record, the A14- is a major trunk road! Hardly difficult to get to, off the M1, which runs up the centre of the country, but that's just my opinion.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
bugbabe34 said:
I've been to many good shows over the years and never encountered any snobbery, whether we were in air or water cooled.

Lucky you... i can name a mere handful of times when there has been snobbery from aircooled to watercooled owners, but the handful of times leave adistinctmemoryunfortunately,

1 - 19 of 19 Posts