Up Owners Club banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, just got an up! about a month ago as a little run-about car to save on fuel costs! I've wanted one for a while now and finally pulled the trigger when I went to the dealership with another mate who was keen. Ended up buying two up!s in one day (one for him, one for me).

The car is a white 3 door with Maps & More and rear parking sensors. I was sort of keen on the Comfort Style pack but couldn't justify the price at the time as I picked up a cheap demo car off the lot. Finding a cheap car with options was near impossible as they're were all base spec or just Maps & More. Since getting the car it has been tinted 25% front, 15% rear sides and boot. Also, luckily I found a crashed car (that had Comfort Style) at a wreckers yard and took the seats and wheels out of it and now have them on my up! Although I've thought about modifying the up! some more, I'm pretty content with it now and may just look for a steering wheel and that's about it. I want to keep this car as stock/OEM/legal as possible :) Mainly this is because the other cars I drive either attract too much attention or are modified so they're not quite practical for daily use.

Haven't taken any pics with the tint or new interior/wheels but here it is the day I got it!

Edited by: sbce90

·
Registered
140 Posts
Hello and welcome!! That was a good idea to go to a yard and get the peices you want!! Haha
So what other cars you got out of interest?

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
CarlitoUp said:
Hello and welcome!! That was a good idea to go to a yard and get the peices you want!! Haha
So what other cars you got out of interest?

Hey mate! Other cars atm are a C63 (which uses a lot of fuel) and an E90 320i which is on airbags and wide wheels (hence not suitable to daily drive).

Edited by: sbce90

·
Registered
140 Posts
Wow I really like the merc!! Looks stunning..
The bm looks smart too but I've never been that in to bmws for some reason!! But it nice!

There's nothing wrong with heavily modding the up too?? Haha

What's fuel like over there? Expensive?

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
CarlitoUp said:
Wow I really like the merc!! Looks stunning..
The bm looks smart too but I've never been that in to bmws for some reason!! But it nice!

There's nothing wrong with heavily modding the up too?? Haha

What's fuel like over there? Expensive?

Naah nothing wrong with heavily modding the up! but I just love it so much the way it is. It's the only manual car of the three and just brings so much joy when I drive it. Also fuel isn't too bad over here, premium 98 ranges between ~$1.57-$1.79AUD per litre depending on the fuel cycle. Problem is the Benz only gets about 200-250kms out of a 65L tank!

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
downunderup said:
Depending on how you drive, you should get at least 500kms per tank with the Up!.
l do

Yeah I've so far I've been getting around 500kms a tank easily.Only problem is that I live in a hilly area so driving around my area isn't very efficient.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts