Up Owners Club banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everybody!I'm a new Volkswagen customer (at the present a Skoda Fabia owner): last week I ordered a EcoUP! High Up! with a lot of accessories and packs. It will arrive at the end of April.
5 doors, night blue colour, panoramic roof, drive and security pack, leather seats.
Very excited, after 11 years with the same car I can't wait this change :p
Sorry for my english, I'm not used to write in english anymore after lots of years at University!!
Bye,
Luca (Modena, Italy)

·
Registered
811 Posts
Hi there,It's interesting that you are buying the Eco-Up, is that the compressed natural gas powered version? We don't get that in the UK so it will be fascinating to hear all about it.

Please don't apologise for your English, most of us don't speak any other languages at all and your English seems pretty perfect - it is pretty embarrassing really.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hello,yes, it's the CNG version.
I was very dubious of my next car for 4 months: the new Fiat Panda Natural Power with its new turbo powered twin air engine, made in Italy, or this new Volkswagen car, cheaper, no turbo - this means very slower -, but the well know german reliability?
Helping italian economy, or just thinking on myself, on my convenience?
After a lot of estimates I chose this car... they say it seems a tin box with 4 tyres
, but I like it..this is enaugh!!

The main differences with the petrol version are:
- just a 10 liters petrol tank (and 72 liters total gas bottles at the bottom) , so that, in Italy, we pay 30 euros of tax every year instead of 130, because EcoUp! is considered a CNG only car, with ecologic advantages. Unfortunately, in Italy we haven't self service CNG service areas..
- Less power (68 Hp instead of 75)
- 2250 euros more expensive

- 11 euros of fuel for over 300 km

Bye,
Luca

·
Registered
432 Posts
Good choice, Luca!
I would have one if we could get them here.
Let us know how you like it once you get it.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
sigh, it's still too early: estimated arrival date is 24th April... the vendor told me that Volkswagen didn't expect such a success for that car, and maybe it could arrive in May, indeed...

·
Registered
84 Posts
I was thinking you are crazy getting this car until I heard "11 euros of fuel for over 300 km" :pI would buy it too, if I could get the same reduced tax, CNG prices etc.

Nice car and really good specs. I think you will be very happy :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts