Up Owners Club banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone.

I here doing research on behalf of my daughter who is just about to sit her test and is looking for her first car.
We've more or less decided on the VW UP mainly because I want something for her that's good quality, reliable and most of all safe, she says she just wants something that's "White and nice." (Rolls eyes)

There's still have a few questions before we make up our minds.

If we do decided on the UP we will take an active part in the forum, I have with all the cars I've owned and let's face it, it will probably be me who ends up looking after it 80% of the time.

My first car was an Austin allegro given to me by my father, how times have changed. I've never forgiven him for that one.

Regards

Obzi

·
Registered
325 Posts
Lovely - did it have the square steering wheel? My parents had one when I was about 12 and I always remember my grandma saying when we visited her "What's that funny little thing you've just got out of?"

Anyway, welcome!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, a weird shaped steering wheel.
A truly horrible car with terrible handling, headlights with the brightness of a single candle and mine was in that vomit yellow colour.
I also remember you had to fill it with oil every time you filled it with fuel.

When people ask me what my first car was I want to lie, kids today have no idea how lucky they are.

·
Registered
333 Posts
Hi definitely the best choice of car by the way ,my first car was a bond three wheeler with a motor bike engine I can
Still remember the kick back when trying to start it .eney way back to the up just got my red one today ,my wife has a Mayan blue I think it is the best colour .my eldest daughter is deciding on the up got some quotes today .most young ones now are going for the free insurance deal .i think it makes sense what they are saying is first time drivers ,are out classed
by expensive insurance .when you look at the figures most young people just change the car each year because it's cheaper to do that than get their own insurance .back to the car in question .drives beautiful no problems it's a safe car
I cannot find fault for the quality build .what you get for your money .believe me I have driven a lot of cars golf GTI /Ford RS turbos etc to name but a few .you will not be disappointed go for it I did I got two
Phill

1 - 4 of 4 Posts