Discussion Starter #1
Hating the agonising wait for my up!
Hopefully should be built next week!
Then on it's way!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm using Arthur prince in Loughborough. Only a satisfactory experience with them. Not totally wowed. How about you and your experience.

·
Registered
956 Posts
Hello and welcome.

Sounds like your dealer experience has been the same as most of us, OK but somewhat lacking. My salesman was a really nice guy but communication was terrible. Seems like they're all over you like a rash when you order, same again when you're signing the papers and collecting the car but very little in between unless you bug them to bits. Appreciate there's not a lot to tell you during the wait but some people have received courtesy calls or e-mails every week from theirs, would've been nice to have the same.

How long have you been waiting so far?

Edited by: clowesa

·
Registered
304 Posts
Hey I got both of our ups from Arthur prince in Loughborough too... Our salesman was Anthony, he's a good salesman as he wasn't pushy. The up really sells itself though anyhow. I liked both of our buying experiences from AP. to be fair we only waited days for both our cars as they are stock builds. So little communication was required. Looks likeAP is doing brisk trade in the ups, I see a couple everyday on the way to work.Edited by: Markmod1

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes that is exactly what I have experienced and nice guy who is dealing with me but very little communication.

Been waiting since the start of June, was told 6-8weeks but now mid September.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The same man is dealing with me a very nice guy. My guess is that Volkswagen just isn't telling him a lot either.

·
Registered
304 Posts
I think there is little for them to communicate really, apart from major points in the order delivery cycle I suppose... If you think about it they want you to order, they want you to sort out someway to pay, and lastly the want you to come and fetch it!... The other stuff is just fluff really, I didn't want to know when it was being painted, or driven to the docks, or on the boat.... I just wanted a approximate date I would get it, a phone call when it was ready for collection after paying for it.... Anything else I would have thoug they were just teasing me
Edited by: Markmod1

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Very good point there actually!
At the end of the day they just want your money really.

·
Registered
304 Posts
But on a positive Arthur Prince do really ensure you are happy with your car, mine was perfect, A1++ and I'm a really very fussy guy too! I looked over both cars with a fine tooth comb and they were both immaculate. I cannot fault AP (so far) and trust me I have 'enjoyed' some less than perfect dealer experiences.Edited by: Markmod1

·
Registered
532 Posts
So have I. I detest the dealer in Morecambe.

Bought a secondhand car and they promised to change a tyre. They put a secondhand one on of the wrong speed rating.

I went to look at a car and the hopeless salesman almost threw me out when I said I was just looking. I got an apology from the dealer principal.

I must make the effort to drive my up down to their showroom after I have picked it up. Does anyone know what is the cheapest accessory that VW sell for up owners? Perhaps I should get a key cover from them. Nasty perhaps, but sweet.

Edited by: ducatikid

·
Registered
77 Posts
Are your Up!'s black and white? And do you travel down the A6 towards Loughborough?

·
Registered
235 Posts
The up! is seen by VW (and its dealers) as the entry point for owning a new VW - its starting price is aimed at making people realise they can afford something 'better' i.e. a VW.

For this reason it is important that their dealers take the long term view - that the up! experience should be the start of a long-term relationship with the brand.

I know many customer's for the up! don't fit this profile - they are firm VW devotees already - but it is where the up! is primarily pitched.

So if a dealer doesn't make the experience a good one from the start they aren't doing VW any favours. Switch, if you can, and let VW Customer Service know.

·
Registered
532 Posts
Well VW have the chance for me. Last time they failed miserably. I was after a golf or an audi A3 and the dealer wasn't up to scratch and neither were the cars. A3 too small in the rear seats and thumpy front suspension.

Previously I've enjoyed Vws except the fuel pump issue. One of the best was an oddball, the passat estate with 2.0 5 cylinder audi engine. That engine had something about it that was just right. It made up for the bad handling.

·
Registered
304 Posts
alamanda said:
Are your Up!'s black and white? And do you travel down the A6 towards Loughborough?
Yes, and yes. I see a white up coming towards me everyday at about 8.50, whilst I am heading towards Loughborough. The other half is in a white up heading towards sileby.

·
Registered
77 Posts
That's me on the way to work
Long story but I live and work in Syston, But travel to Loughborough each morning to see my father, so if I see you this week I'll give you a big wave
it must be your Up!'s I've seen whilst I was carless..I used the bus to get to work and passed 2 up!'s on the drive ...it made me smile!! Also it gave me a dilemma as I wondered if I'd bought the right colour because black looks fabulous!!

·
Registered
304 Posts
Yes those are ours, the bus does pass our house... Obviously don't say where it is please. I will flash if I see you in mornings

·
Registered
956 Posts
Markmod1 said:
I will flash if I see you in mornings

Your lights presumably

Edited by: clowesa

·
Registered
77 Posts
Of course not... I won't mention a thing, I looked for you this morning .... I really must concentrate on the road hee!

1 - 20 of 31 Posts