Up Owners Club banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Hello there my name is James otherwise occasionally known as Jimmy I recently bought a 2012 Up! Take up with 61k on the clock in just a month it's not far from clicking over the 64k mark 馃槻 so far I'm absolutely loving owning and driving the car 馃憣

I will be modifying it as time goes which will probably be slow with my wife at university me working part time due to having two children who need looking after and taking to school. So far I've fitted upgraded headlight bulbs and 15" BBS alloys from the MK3.5 golf convertible they're similar to what came on the MK3 golf vr6 but 4 stud I need to fit spacers as they catch on full lock being an offset of et45

My only issue is when I turn the key in the drivers door nothing happens so the car isn't locking at the moment need to strip the door down and investigate but this I will make a separate post for incase anyone else has experienced this
Here's a couple of pictures of my pride and joy

Registered
Hi James the up is a great little car to own just keep going with it do it a bit at a time looking good ...that's how I'm doing mine bit by bit ..( not to sure on your key in the door Iv never had to use it) hope you get it sorted greg

Registered
Discussion Starter #4
Hi James the up is a great little car to own just keep going with it do it a bit at a time looking good ...that's how I'm doing mine bit by bit ..( not to sure on your key in the door Iv never had to use it) hope you get it sorted greg
My only complaint is it could do with a bit more power really but obviously that's what the GTi is built for, and because I bought off my sister it was too cheap to pass up especially when it went straight through its MOT test 馃榿

Registered
Discussion Starter #5
Welcome
I do like those alloys on your UP (y)
Thank you for your kind words I think they suit it well I am very happy with them I just need to decide on one of the many theme ideas I have I'm trying to stay away from going black and white 馃馃

Registered
Discussion Starter #7
I know what you mean mines the 75hp and I would love some more power but it will do

Hopefully I will at some point get it remapped I've heard that the 60bhp can be remapped with the 75bhp software so should make a nice difference 馃

Registered
I got told they dont have a map for a non turbo up I'm up in preston and I've asked mate back in bolton and they dont know of any so I will wait till I can find one but I'm in no rush what so ever. Greg

1 - 8 of 8 Posts