Up Owners Club banner

Hello from Scotland :) x

2K views 17 replies 8 participants last post by  Cadfael 
#1 ·
Hiya!

Recently bought my candy white Take Up! (October) and I absolutely love it! Looking for tips on lowering her and the best modifications to do :) So I thought I'd join up on here for some guidance!

Ciao :)

#2 ·
morgenvw said:
Hiya!

Recently bought my candy white Take Up! (October) and I absolutely love it! Looking for tips on lowering her and the best modifications to do :) So I thought I'd join up on here for some guidance!

Ciao :)
Hey!! Congrats on the new car!! It's such an amazing little car!! I've had mines since april and I lovee it!!
Well it depends on how much you want to lower it? A little or a lot?
I have brand new H&R lowering springs which I'm selling if you only want to lower it a little bit..?
If you want to lower it with coilovers then I think there a few different ones on the market but they are around 700ish I believe.. Depends what your budget is and what your after really..
Where abouts in Scotland are you?
I live in Aberdeen!

#3 ·
Welcome to the Scottish crew......

#4 ·
Welcome - I am in central belt - just had car for a tad over 3 weeks. Loving it. Am an old fashioned guy with engineering background so having done 1500 miles it was ion for an oil and filter change today - even though garage says 'it is not really necessary' - 'tis my car and I was paying.

#8 ·
Hi Morgen,

Greetingsfrom Germany to Scotland!
You surely know that "Morgen" means "morning" or "tomorrow" in German?

Have never ridden more North than the IOM ...

I have a black 4 door high up! with standard (Spoke) alloys. So, looks a bit different to your up! ...

Have a lot of fun here!
Andreas

#11 ·
Why do people want to Lower an Up surely the car is low enough lowering it can cause problems on uneven road surfaces. Do people not believe that V W designers and technicians with their wealth of experience have got the height of the car right or is it that some people just like to tinker with whatever they buyj

#12 ·
Di ury said:
Why do people want to Lower an Up surely the car is low enough lowering it can cause problems on uneven road surfaces. Do people not believe that V W designers and technicians with their wealth of experience have got the height of the car right or is it that some people just like to tinker with whatever they buyj
I'm sure I've answered this question when you asked it before.

For a car like the Up where performance is not a factor, lowering a car is to simply make it look better.
It's a personal thing, some people like it some people don't.

#14 ·
Di ury , I'm with you , I'd not lower a car but I'd defend anyones right to do so.

if we all had similar or enforced tastes, we'd all be driving trabants except for the party elite in their mir limousines

#15 ·
Di ury said:
Apart from the danger of damage to the underside of the car I personally do not think it looks better. It takes all kinds as they say
Mines is lowered all the way down because I personally believe it looks amazing. It isn't for performance - being a 1.0 59bhp car... I attend car shows down south and have always liked the idea of having my own car in a show :) that's my aim. Here's a little picture -

#17 ·
Likewise, great pic....with the roads and mud on them round my area (rural Ayrshire) the front airdam would just plough up all the sh1te ! I did see an up with air suspension that let you drive around as normal but could be lowered to 'undriveable' at the touch of a button....expensive but a great installation.

#18 ·
morgenvw said:
Mines is lowered all the way down because I personally believe it looks amazing. It isn't for performance - being a 1.0 59bhp car... I attend car shows down south and have always liked the idea of having my own car in a show :) that's my aim.
Hi Morgen,

My 4 doors "Black Beauty" high up! is totally different - and I love it (Spoke alloys, not lowered).

I love the 2 doors white coloured up!s because they show the pure design.
In Germany many owners lower their up! and it's not my cup of tea ...
My colour choices are surely "adventurous" and no "standard".

Live and let live!
Do what you like and enjoy to go YOUR way!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.