Up Owners Club banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello everyone

Been following and using the forum for information now for about 20 months so thought its time to register,ive been a regular forum user on many sites for differing cars ive had over the last 10 years.
After much searching and test drives my partner changed her car for a high up BMT 5 door in black about 18 months ago.
What a revelation the car has been,we thought it was very good in most areas (but not perfect) especially for a smaller car , but as the months have past the car confirms that we made the right choice.
Car is mostly used for her 10 mile commute using town,fast A roads and a little city driving.But we have found that its also equally at home fully loaded with the three of us and crammed with cases going on a 200 mile drive down to the south coast.
When i drive the car and we see another up i find myself saying "look theirs another up, its a bit like ours but smaller !" , i love the feeling of space and size that VW have created in a compact shape, you feel whilst driving that the cars from another segment .

gary

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
Welcome Gary. Thanks for taking the time to write some positive feedback.

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
Hi Gary!

Drove and rode through Stafforshire a few times on my way to my beloved Shrewsbury and Shrophire (my nickname says it all) ...
This is an area where you can make holidays without hearing German voices for one week or more ...

Surely less 5% of Germans who have been to the UK have ever been there - but I love the "borderland". Where are the "moorlands"? North of the M54 to Telford or the other direction towards Derby?

I have a 5 door high up! too - with very special interior (see link beow).

Had a Lupo before and the up! really has a lot of space inside. I love the 5 door evey time I go shopping or receive a package (sent to our company). It is so wonderful opening the door befind the driver's door and putting something in or out without climbing. Much easyier that with the 3 door Lupo.

The up! has to pay attention on German "high speed Autobahn" (where some drive 150 mph or more) but on "normal German motorways with 70-100 mph traffic it is a wonderful car! Much better than my Lupo before. Feels "more adult" ...

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Cadfael

Staffordshire moorlands is basically the bottom of the Peak district ,im closer to Buxton and Manchester really ,( cat and fiddle road just over the hill) little market town called Leek.
My two older children live in shropshire,one in shrewsbury and the other in Wem so know the area a little.
5 door works for us having a 7 year old son , quite like the 5 door look anyway but it is very colour dependent.
find myself mostly in the fast lane over here, love the look on peoples faces when you cruise by. will be a bit more careful when we pass through Germany on our euro trip were planning to do in the next couple of years.

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
In Wem?!

Have you ever visited the Hawkstone Park?

If
you visit your child and like a nice walk (but you have to pay for!),
visit the Hawkstone Park (they have a website). I always stayed at a
B&B in the North of Shrewsbury (Ellesmere Road - leads to Wem and
Ellesmere near Wem). Visited the Hawkstone Park three times ...

I
once rode from Chesterfield to Manchaster (heading for
Adlington/Chorley Lancs). It was great riding through the Peak District!
A bit like Llyn Ogwen in Wales ...

We have many speed
restrictions on our Autobahns and lots of traffic. Driving the M25 makes
more fun than driving the "A40" (would be "M40" in England) though the Ruhrgebiet ...
You only have to pay attention in rural areas with less traffic and no speed limits.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Will have a look at Hawkstone Park next time im that way.

Peak district very nice area, lots to do and see.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts