Up Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi!

I want to introduce myself as new forum user. I'm living in a village near Wolfsburg in Germany. And as many people in this area i am working at one of the volkswagen plants. I ordered an Up (black up) for the first time and i really can't wait to get it finally. It is now planned for production and i will get it hopefully next month.

I am sorry for my poor english (writing). I have no problems to read it.

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
Hello and welcome.

No worries with your English, it is excellent!

Good choice on the colour

Did you add any extras?

·
Registered
228 Posts
Hi Sparc,

Love your country and its car products although I have more passion for Porsche than VW. Essentially they are the same company now and have always had links via family members.

I will be taking my holidays again in Germany in three weeks time. Berlin is the chosen destination.

Welcome aboard.

Mark

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I only added heatable seats, enhanced sound and winter tires. As you know the black up has got several extras.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
911sse said:
Hi Sparc,

Love your country and its car products although I have more passion for Porsche than VW. Essentially they are the same company now and have always had links via family members.

I will be taking my holidays again in Germany in three weeks time. Berlin is the chosen destination.

Welcome aboard.

Mark
Thank you! Yes the company is growing fast (hopefully not too fast). Have a good time in Berlin!

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
Welcome to the club!! :)

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
Sparc, the heated seats are not standard (included) in the up black package?

·
Registered
523 Posts
Welcome :) nice choice indeed sir!

I'm hoping to return to Germany for the 2013 nurburgring 24 hours if it goes ahead.

·
Registered
532 Posts
Welcome to the band of up folk.

I really do enjoy hearing from people from all over europe as my travelling days are over.

Keep building good cars!

I am glad you don't get to jump the queue as an employee, as I am desperate for my car. This will be my second new german car, but not my first VW. My fifth VW.

mike.

Edited by: ducatikid

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
bugbabe34 said:
Sparc, the heated seats are not standard (included) in the up black package? 
No, unfortunatly they are not. Almost everything else is included. I don't know if there are differences between the black up in UK and Ger.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Supermegamonkee said:
Welcome :) nice choice indeed sir!

I'm hoping to return to Germany for the 2013 nurburgring 24 hours if it goes ahead.
Thank you very much. I hope you will have a nice time at the ring!

·
Super Moderator
3,147 Posts
heated seats are standard in uk on the black and white up

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
ducatikid said:
Welcome to the band of up folk.

I really do enjoy hearing from people from all over europe as my travelling days are over.

Keep building good cars!

I am glad you don't get to jump the queue as an employee, as I am desperate  for my car. This will be my second new german car, but not my first VW. My fifth VW.

mike.
Hello ducatikid!

Of course we have to wait as long as everyone else. There are pre-built cars available, but i wanted my own configuration. I hope you (and me too) are satisfied with your choice.

·
Registered
956 Posts
Hi Sparc and a very warm welcome.

It's many many years since I was in Germany (Dortmund mainly, and Köln/Cologne) and I'm very much looking forward to a trip to Berlin next year.

I hope you don't have too long to wait for your up!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Privatedoc said:
I think the importers are free to chose the best package of extras for their home markets. I.e. seat heating makes no sense in spain.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Sparc said:
Privatedoc said:
I think the importers are free to chose the best package of extras for their home markets. I.e. seat heating makes no sense in spain.

Spain goes from Asturias to Andalucia...and I can assure you, Asturias, Cantabria have very cold winters...the same goes to France, where the termic differences between the north and south are huge.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
pedbarros said:
Sparc said:
Privatedoc said:

Spain goes from Asturias to Andalucia...and I can assure you, Asturias, Cantabria have very cold winters...the same goes to France, where the termic differences between the north and south are huge.
OK, may be this wasn't the best examle. But otherwise the customer in Andalucia has to pay for an extra he won't need. Not all customers in the northern parts of Europe need an air condition. In the south it has to be included.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
move up! said:
Herzlich Wilkommen, Sparc! 

You work for an excellent company. It must be a pleasure to be part of VW.
Vielen Dank, many thanks! This company is indeed excellent in many ways. And yes it is a pleasure.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts